The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

I'm a bit gutted I'm not going to be honest.  When it was announced, obviously it was Vince era, and the tickets were fucking extortionate.  I did Rammstein in Cardiff a couple of months ago, and it was a fucking ballache to get to (and sounds like accommodation is even worse this time).

But now it's close, I'm a bit annoyed I didn't take the plunge.  Still, good to have a Saturday event at. a friendly time, and once it's home time I won't be too envious.

I like the idea of Cardiff.  Once you're there at least.  Nice wee town centre, and absolutely everything you could possibly want pre-gig is pretty much right there.  For a big event at the stadium, it feels like everyone there is all there for the one thing.

But everything leading up to that is fucking horrible.  We did Glasgow to Luton to meet a pal in Milton Keynes, then there to Cardiff by car to an airbnb.  Flying had stupid times and prices, train was even worse.

I considered it, as it was cheap enough to get flights from Inverness to Bristol, but the prices for all accomodation in Cardiff and that part of Wales had gone through the roof for that weekend, so decided to give it a swerve. I'm slightly regretting it now that WWE has become almost bearable to watch since then. I'll be gutted if it means missing out on being there for Drew's proper title win.

12 hours ago, KD1711 said:

Would've been much better if it was in London, Cardiff is an absolute ballache to get to.

Hoping this is the start of a yearly PPV in the UK so hopefully they book it somewhere decent. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Cptn Hooch said:

is that the same Anthony Ogogo that boxed in the commonwealth games? Isn't he registered blind?

Yes and yes he does have sight issues. He's already wrestled matches, most notably against Cody Rhodes on PPV. He was not bad then and that was a couple of years ago.

20 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Yes and yes he does have sight issues. He's already wrestled matches, most notably against Cody Rhodes on PPV. He was not bad then and that was a couple of years ago.

He's barely done anything since due to needing at least two further eye operations.

• 2 weeks later...