The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

Vince is just going to brazen this out. 

The bollocks on him.

Guaranteeing eyeballs tonight. 

He's undeniably been a creepy b*****d throughout his life but I fail to see the big deal out of this one. He's been pumping someone consenually and kept them quiet with millions of WWE money. He's undoubtedly done much, much worse in his time that should be focused on more.

10 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

The bollocks on him.

He's undeniably been a creepy b*****d throughout his life but I fail to see the big deal out of this one. He's been pumping someone consenually and kept them quiet with millions of WWE money. He's undoubtedly done much, much worse in his time that should be focused on more.

The only bit that sounds properly unsavoury is the "passed on to Johnny Ace like a toy" line, but then that could just be a particularly loaded choice of words (or perfectly apt, who knows).  In the big long list of things that Vince may or may not have done wrong, this one seems fairly tame i=in comparison.  Even if it is though, it's the sort of thing that may not fly business wise.  Maybe without the CEO stuff, we'll be seeing him more on-screen?  Which would obviously be a fucking disaster, but still.

It's hard to fathom exactly what he's going to say tonight to be honest.  Seems on the face of it, despite the grubby nature of it, ultimately a business thing.  I'm not sure it really needs the real and kayfabe to clash like that if he's going to come out and say he isn't CEO given he's still in charge of creative.

We're getting some kind of angle, aren't we?  

Just now, forameus said:

It's hard to fathom exactly what he's going to say tonight to be honest.  Seems on the face of it, despite the grubby nature of it, ultimately a business thing.  I'm not sure it really needs the real and kayfabe to clash like that if he's going to come out and say he isn't CEO given he's still in charge of creative.

We're getting some kind of angle, aren't we?  

100%. 

They've announced that it's 'Mr. McMahon' appearing tonight and they usually are keen to make that distinct as his character rather than Vince McMahon.

56 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

The bollocks on him.

That's part of the issue though, it's a public company with shareholders, a board of directors etc and he's chucking company money at someone for stuff like this - although it's said the 3m payoff was his own money, the issue with her salary is still there. Bill Gates was punted from Microsoft for a consensual affair wasn't he? although i'm sure McMahon has tied the company up in all sorts of knots which would make it impossible to oust him. 

The main worry for him is that this leads a greater investigation into his sleazy antics which could snowball pretty quickly.

Edited by Fratelli

I think in the current climate you just can't get away with that shit anymore (you never should have been able to in fairness), add in Social Media outrage and he's not going to just be able to ride this out. One person speaks out (cases like Kevin Spacey for example) and next thing you know it snowballs. This is surely only the tip of the iceberg and I'm sure we'll be hearing a lot more sordid details about old Vince.