The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

Anyone seen the prices for the ppv in Cardiff default_laugh.png 
Not worth it. 

Got through the queue at about 12:30 for a look and it was £281 each for a ticket in the top tier. No thanks. Hotel cancelled now so that’s at least £860 saved between the hotel and if we’d bought those tickets. Doesn’t even include travel. So looking at 1 grand saved anyway.

When they announced it, I was absolutely sure I'd be going no matter what, and might have even stretched to some "good" seats too.  On seeing what it would actually cost to even get shit seats...nah, you're alright.  It's a shame, but hopefully - given this will almost certainly sell out - it means that more shows start popping up.  I expect Wembley will almost certainly get one, but maybe before Drew McIntyre wanders off we'll get a Hampden date.  Unlikely without a roof I suppose.

3 hours ago, forameus said:

When they announced it, I was absolutely sure I'd be going no matter what, and might have even stretched to some "good" seats too.  On seeing what it would actually cost to even get shit seats...nah, you're alright.  It's a shame, but hopefully - given this will almost certainly sell out - it means that more shows start popping up.  I expect Wembley will almost certainly get one, but maybe before Drew McIntyre wanders off we'll get a Hampden date.  Unlikely without a roof I suppose.

Imagine it happening at Hampden with rain like last night...

• 2 weeks later...

WWE's policy of only going after stadium shows is going well.  MITB was supposed to be at the Allegiant Stadium in Las Vegas, but looks like that Iraqi sympathiser Sgt. Slaughter has struck again, as it's been moved to a relatively tiny venue.  And in an even bigger f**k you, looks like they've already sold more tickets than the new venue will hold.  So...full house I guess?

• 2 weeks later...

Walter/Gunther as IC champion just has a feeling of being absolutely the most right thing they've done with that belt in a long, long time.

Genuinely think if they book him the way he should be booked, they could keep that belt on him for a long and meaningful run and actually make him the guy to finally return a bit of prestige to a belt that has been shat on for donkeys years. By time it does leave him, he should be moving up to being one of the very top guys in the company.

On 11/06/2022 at 12:56, djchapsticks said:

Walter/Gunther as IC champion just has a feeling of being absolutely the most right thing they've done with that belt in a long, long time.

Genuinely think if they book him the way he should be booked, they could keep that belt on him for a long and meaningful run and actually make him the guy to finally return a bit of prestige to a belt that has been shat on for donkeys years. By time it does leave him, he should be moving up to being one of the very top guys in the company.

Am I the only one that thinks he looks considerably less special now he's lost the weight?  Obviously he's going to be much healthier now, probably faster, but he doesn't have that same wow factor from the clips I've seen, and looks a wee bit uncanny valley with his big meat heid on top of an incongruously slim body.

Can't stand Jeff Hardy, this is his third time getting caught DUI, god knows how many times he's done it and not been caught. I feel sorry for Matt though, he constantly goes out of his way to cheerlead for opportunities for Jeff and he just keeps letting him down. Imagine they would have been winning the belts on Wed as well.