The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

I can't decide if they are making it sound daft as f**k on purpose and are fully in on the joke, or if they're actually serious.

When you see who is involved and hear how many of them have aligned political views, I lean towards the latter.

2 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Some really grim details from Sean Waltman today regarding Scott Hall's death. Hard to read much of it.

Yeah. Rough reading, he sounds like he was a poor soul in the end.

On subject of Waltman, fair play to him too. I saw him in a few indy matches about 7 or 8 years ago and he was a bit of a mess, pot belly etc but guy has gotten himself into the shape of his life recently. Glad he's sorted himself out big time.

1 hour ago, forameus said:

In an interesting turn of events for plucky young promotion CYN, EC3 will be taking to Reddit for an AMA.  Well, an Ask Me Anything About CYN really.  

It's going to be a fucking disaster, isn't it?

When is this, I may swing by!

3 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:
  Hide contents

Cody Rhodes has signed with WWE and will return at WM according numerous WWE sources. 

That will be good.

Although a match between him and Rollins will be quality, the lack of build will hurt it. If Rollins had been building up an angle, for example saying he had no more challengers on Raw, the story and match would be so much better. Good matches need a good story. It's the most basic element of wrestling.

Cody will get a massive pop purely for the return factor but will slip away, with good writing they could have him as a top tier contender but he'll no doubt be rattling around the IC title scene that frankly no one gives a f**k about 

1 hour ago, Bert Raccoon said:

Cody will get a massive pop purely for the return factor but will slip away, with good writing they could have him as a top tier contender but he'll no doubt be rattling around the IC title scene that frankly no one gives a f**k about 

An accurate assessment of Cody's prospects.

I wouldn't say no-one would give a f**k, but when you look back at stuff like the Hardy's returning, it's going to be nowhere near that level.  Particularly if all we're going to get - going by the character Rollins is now - is a largely bland babyface character coming in.  If he came in and ran over him in a car, or threatened to stab him, that's something.  

He'll be getting a decent payday though, and can presumably call his own shots on a return.  Good luck to him.