The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

23 hours ago, forameus said:

It's a shame they've chosen this year to really water down the Hall of Fame and make it not mean as much.  The show was always far too long, but if you get the right people going in, I'd have no issues with them running long

I think it was inevitable that at some point they would have to make the Hall of Fame mean a little bit less. How many big names still have to be inducted? Cena, Triple H? Eventually they are going to run out of worthy wrestlers to induct.

14 minutes ago, Bert Raccoon said:

Rumours are Cesaro has left WWE. Hugely talented but if AEW were to take him I just think he'd sit around mid card like Mero 

I'd imagine there'd be a Kings of Wrestling indie run for big dates. Hopefully he took Swiss Money Holdings to heart and has been smart with his money. He's one of those that was on the Twitch bandwagon.

Being in his forties now and never being much more than a WWE midcarder, why not have the one last Indie run doing what you want and using AEW to keep your profile high.

On 20/02/2022 at 17:26, mrpaddyx said:

I think it was inevitable that at some point they would have to make the Hall of Fame mean a little bit less. How many big names still have to be inducted? Cena, Triple H? Eventually they are going to run out of worthy wrestlers to induct.

I was thinking this a while back pre the undertaker/current HOF  announcement, like how many guys are there left that you could genuinely believe deserve to be the headline act in a hall of fame class? (Undertaker was one of them)

The Rock, Triple H (although the sparkle is somewhat lost from his with DX being inducted already), Cena & Orion when they both fully chuck it, Jericho if they would ever allow it and probably Vince himself but that won’t happen until he dies.

There are a few current guys still on the roster who are definite Hall of Famers once they are done.

Guys like Orton, AJ, Sheamus, Ziggler & Miz (yes Miz, won everything multiple times & does a ton of media) will go in within the next 10yrs.

Jericho meant to still be on good terms with WWE so once he retires he'll go in as he most definitely should.

Still some older guys from the past plus obv Cena & Rock to go in as well.

Undisputed Era theme is one of the all time best.

These lads could have been huge on the main roster. WWE didn't even try. Absolutely mental.

I don't actually know what Vince McMahon wants. I doubt anyone does, except Vince, and even he probably changes his roid addled concussed mad old brain multiple times a day.

If WWE want to make a star and get behind them, most of the time they will. Drew McIntyre is a prime example. But if they don't get behind someone, they won't be a big star. It's very simple stuff. If they got behind someone like Big E, for example, I bet he'd be a fucking huge star and have plenty of mainstream crossover, because the guy drips charisma and appeals to so many people and so many demographics.

But they wasted Big E. They don't want to make new stars.

12 hours ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

I was thinking this a while back pre the undertaker/current HOF  announcement, like how many guys are there left that you could genuinely believe deserve to be the headline act in a hall of fame class? (Undertaker was one of them)

The Rock, Triple H (although the sparkle is somewhat lost from his with DX being inducted already), Cena & Orion when they both fully chuck it, Jericho if they would ever allow it and probably Vince himself but that won’t happen until he dies.

I didn't realise that The Rock hadn't been inducted.

If they really want to stretch it out Shane O'Mac and Stephanie might end up in the Hall.

4 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Undisputed Era theme is one of the all time best.

These lads could have been huge on the main roster. WWE didn't even try. Absolutely mental.

I don't actually know what Vince McMahon wants. I doubt anyone does, except Vince, and even he probably changes his roid addled concussed mad old brain multiple times a day.

If WWE want to make a star and get behind them, most of the time they will. Drew McIntyre is a prime example. But if they don't get behind someone, they won't be a big star. It's very simple stuff. If they got behind someone like Big E, for example, I bet he'd be a fucking huge star and have plenty of mainstream crossover, because the guy drips charisma and appeals to so many people and so many demographics.

But they wasted Big E. They don't want to make new stars.

Still think Cole will end up back in WWE at some point. 

48 minutes ago, Bert Raccoon said:

While we're on the subject, Adam Cole's theme is probably my favourite of all the current themes 

Awful generic nu metal-esque plop.

As tiresome as Jericho’s theme has become on tv, “Judas”, Malakai Black’s theme piss all over that Cole tune. Jungle Boy’s is hands down the best by miles though closely followed by FTR’s.

Edited by 8MileBU