The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

7 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Fantastic video.

Regal getting suspended here was gutting at the time. He'd lost a power of weight, gained a massive mean streak and just played the part so well. He went from the OTT comedy scoundrel villain to dead-eyed in a matter of weeks and it was just amazing stuff to see at the time.

This was him at his absolute best, there was definitely a world title run in him here and it's fucking rubbish it got cut short after only about 6 weeks.

What a shame that they couldn't capitalise on that one moment in time and pull the trigger with him.

That image of him sitting on his throne in the middle of the ring as the lights came up and just staring out at the crowd was genuinely superb. WWE when they do it right are amazing but it becomes less and less frequent with the passing of time.

Not watched this yet but Wrestling Bios is probably my favourite YouTube Channel the weekly Reliving The Wars videos are excellent doing a head to head rating of each week of Raw and Nitro. I'll give this one a watch later 

Really good news. I watched pretty much his full run in NXT but it’s still hard to picture him in the ring for some reason 

Well that's one of the surprise entrants in the Rumble...
WWE apparently interested in signing Wardlow.
Not happening.

Who is everyone expecting to win the men's rumble and the women's rumble?

For the men's rumble I think it will be Roman or Brock or Big E. 

For the women's rumbleI I think it will be Rhea or Alexa. 

Edited by Lyle Lanley

The Rumble winners, particularly the men's, probably depend on what happens on the card itself.  Still no idea what they're planning for WM - presume it's still Brock/Reigns, but depends what configuration that takes.  Title vs Title?  One drops?  I think if Lesnar drops the title, he probably wins the Rumble.  Same with Reigns.  Or maybe neither actually end up entering (Reigns would surprise me if he did) and they go a different way.  They've unfortunately booked themselves into a bit of a hole, as I don't think there's a lot of options for winners that make sense, and I doubt they're going to go with a complete surprise.  Probably got to be one from the top tier - Lesnar/Reigns/Rollins/Lashley/Big E.  Last one is a stretch too.

For the women's, f**k knows.  Ripley is probably going to be tied up with Cross for the season, so you're probably looking at a face to challenge either Champion. Maybe Bayley?  From what she's saying, sounds like she's near ready to go.  Probably enough to enter at 30, get a pop then throw someone out.

The Rumble winners, particularly the men's, probably depend on what happens on the card itself.  Still no idea what they're planning for WM - presume it's still Brock/Reigns, but depends what configuration that takes.  Title vs Title?  One drops?  I think if Lesnar drops the title, he probably wins the Rumble.  Same with Reigns.  Or maybe neither actually end up entering (Reigns would surprise me if he did) and they go a different way.  They've unfortunately booked themselves into a bit of a hole, as I don't think there's a lot of options for winners that make sense, and I doubt they're going to go with a complete surprise.  Probably got to be one from the top tier - Lesnar/Reigns/Rollins/Lashley/Big E.  Last one is a stretch too.
For the women's, f**k knows.  Ripley is probably going to be tied up with Cross for the season, so you're probably looking at a face to challenge either Champion. Maybe Bayley?  From what she's saying, sounds like she's near ready to go.  Probably enough to enter at 30, get a pop then throw someone out.

I thought Bliss would return as Normal and win it but they look like continuing her stupid fiend like character so doubt it now

I thought Bliss would return as Normal and win it but they look like continuing her stupid fiend like character so doubt it now
They have 2 more Raw's before the Rumble so could easily have her 'Journey back to Raw' skit see her exorcise her current Fiend-lite gimmick & revert to 'The Goddess' gimmick or something similar in time.

Mox's book is indeed excellent, but isn't on the level of Foley or Bret's book. That's because it's too short. Seems like Mox ran out of patience when writing it! Given his experience it could be at least double.

It still strongly recommended it though. 

Mox's book is indeed excellent, but isn't on the level of Foley or Bret's book. That's because it's too short. Seems like Mox ran out of patience when writing it! Given his experience it could be at least double.
It still strongly recommended it though. 

I got Drew Mcintyre’s book for my birthday last year, finally got round to it at the start of December and I enjoyed that.

My next wrestling read will be JR’s Slobberknocker.

Which poor sod is going to get landed with this gimmick?

WWE has filed to trademark the name Gunther Stark, according to the United States Patent and Trademark Office.

A quick Google search shows that Günther Stark was a German U-boat Commander during World War II.

The trademark filing on January 13th shows that WWE plans to use the mark for:

“Entertainment services, namely, wrestling exhibitions and performances by a professional wrestler and entertainer rendered live and through broadcast media including television and radio, and via the internet or commercial online service.”

These types of WWE trademarks are typically used for ring names of talent training at the Performance Center and in NXT.

SEScoops has reached out to WWE for comment on this trademark.