The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

6 minutes ago, forameus said:

If I remember right, it was a proper snide one as well.  You see him strut into shot, looking around, then he leathers the guy in the side of the head as being taken away, then struts away in the opposite direction.  Textbook.

Despite the idiot deservedly getting rattled for attacking Bret, that was also cowardly behaviour. 

22 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Despite the idiot deservedly getting rattled for attacking Bret, that was also cowardly behaviour. 

Aye, just watched it again and he strolls into shot in front of the scrum, lands a fucking meaty blow on the guy, then strolls away fixing his jacket.  Bit much on a guy already restrained by a number of guys. Is hard to have too much sympathy for him though, or for anyone who pays a decent sum to go to an event that is full of wrestlers and thinks "you know what, I think I'm going to go and physically attack a well-loved legend of the business in a ring".

1 hour ago, forameus said:

Aye, just watched it again and he strolls into shot in front of the scrum, lands a fucking meaty blow on the guy, then strolls away fixing his jacket.  Bit much on a guy already restrained by a number of guys. Is hard to have too much sympathy for him though, or for anyone who pays a decent sum to go to an event that is full of wrestlers and thinks "you know what, I think I'm going to go and physically attack a well-loved legend of the business in a ring".

A well-loved legend of the business, who was in his 60s, has suffered at least one stroke and was recovering from prostate cancer. Being a few beers in and thinking you could take on a prime Seth Rollins, while unbelievably stupid, is at least misplaced bravery. That one was absolute cowardice.

The other one that springs to mind is Eddie Guerrero being shoved off the ladder, landing on his feet, and then battering the guy. 

• 2 weeks later...

RoH's Final Battle was last night. End of an era, but not necessarily the company. We'll see if Supercard of Honor '22 ends up being this generation's WCW Big Bang.

Good show overall. Taped tributes were slotted in throughout the show and seeds planted for things we'll likely see unfold elsewhere if you watch AEW & Impact at the very least.

On 09/12/2021 at 20:10, cb_diamond said:

Really torn on the Jeff situation. Same stuff for 20 years+. Hope he gets better, but don't actually see it happening sadly. AEW would be insane to hire him.

Looks like Hardy pulled a Pillman to get out of his contract. Several sources have said that he was in no way inebriated before, during or after the match he walked out on. 

I don't think it's outwith the possibility for Jeff to actually just get pished/stoned because he wants out of his contract in the smoothest way possible with WWE. It's fucking nuts, moronic and could only happen in sewer of morals and risks that is wrestling, but outwith the realms of possibility?

13 minutes ago, TheGoon said:

The whole situation is very, very odd. They had to have picked up on something else if they offered him rehab surely? 

You'd think - but he gave a very recent interview where he said that his situation with Sting in TNA 10 years ago (f**k me....10 years ago) was his lowest point ever and it's something he's determined to ensure never happens again in his life.

The timing of him being 'out his tree' shocked me as he didn't appear to be at any point before the incident nor has he appeared to be afterwards. He certainly doesn't look anything like out of it in that video and given Matt and his mouthy Mrs have exchanged very public words with Jeff's wife on twitter in the past about his DUI in particular, I doubt they'd be bringing him on board so soon after his release if he genuinely did have to go and dry out first.

• 2 weeks later...
39 minutes ago, CEMSFC said:

Toni Storm gone from WWE

Mental decision. 

Her and Kay Lee Ray were both guaranteed to improve the main women's division.

Edit - Didn't even know she was already on main roster. Even more mental.

Edited by djchapsticks