The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

I’d say the releases always show how little they actually plan ahead and have any idea of what they’re actually doing, but some of these guys were being used. Not very well admittedly, but they had a presence on TV.

And it just does not matter. It must be really weird for kids especially that get right into a Wyatt, Strowman, Lee etc and one minute they’re just gone, never referenced again. Not a new thing in wrestling, but far, far more regular now. What’s the point in getting invested in characters if outside of about 6 guys, they could be released for “budget reasons” 

The one benefit is AEW & Impact can’t sign everyone. The Indies are going to be really fun. 

4 hours ago, TheGoon said:

I’d say the releases always show how little they actually plan ahead and have any idea of what they’re actually doing, but some of these guys were being used. Not very well admittedly, but they had a presence on TV.

And it just does not matter. It must be really weird for kids especially that get right into a Wyatt, Strowman, Lee etc and one minute they’re just gone, never referenced again. Not a new thing in wrestling, but far, far more regular now. What’s the point in getting invested in characters if outside of about 6 guys, they could be released for “budget reasons” 

The one benefit is AEW & Impact can’t sign everyone. The Indies are going to be really fun. 

True, but you would expect Moon, Yim, Lee and Kross/Bordeaux to definitely be picked up at the very least.

Unlikely that Kross and Bordeaux will be Impact as I think they left on less than good terms. I just saw last week  Kross and Bordeuax promoting their new look and it was being widely expected that he was primed for repackaging already alongside her - he legit looked like a different person. I'd stick with that look. Put a bit of distance between himself and that S&M Gladiator shite. 

Screenshot_20211105-055817_Twitter.thumb.jpg.03f57b9c482adae4d477bfe482bd7226.jpg

Edited by djchapsticks

13 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

That was the fucking worst. That show was the last ICW one I ever went to as it was done for me by that point. Just a pish show in an arena far too big in a company that had peaked two years prior.

It was the drizzling shits as a show. I'll maintain forever that God awful who's the owner yearlong snoozefest of a storyline destroyed any forward momentum after the SECC and killed my interest stone dead.

You just have to respect the grind of this boy. He comes up with cracking angle after cracking angle and they all get shot down. Something has to stick for him, it just has to, he's definitely good enough.

This is eerily reminiscent of Muhammad Hassan's gimmick which to the world should have made him an absolute hero but as it ended up, was the most despised heel for having the audacity to say 'I'm as American as any of you' whilst looking brown/arab in a public place (despite him being of Italian descent)

It's that time of the month for more WWE releases then.

John Morrison
Hit Row - Isaiah Swerve Scott, Ashante 'Thee' Adonis & Top Dolla
Tegan Nox
Drake Maverick
Shane Thorne
Jaxson Ryker

AEW will take JoMo you'd think.
They'd be interested in Swerve as well as he's very, very good in the ring.

Shane Thorne to NJPW to reunite TMDK?

Drake Maverick clearly saw the writing on the wall for him (again) when Killian Dain got released as he's obv had the video he's posted on Twitter sitting ready to go - fair play.

That's about 80 released by WWE this year.
Plus guys who just let their contracts run out like Danielson & Cole - which it seems likely to be the exit route soon for O'Reilly maybe along with Owens and/or Zayn.

I can actually see the return of Johnny Impact. Don't think he or Taya left on bad terms. They can both work there and Mexico like before. Johnny would walk into title contention instead of getting lost in the shuffle of AEW's midcard and there might be more stuff for Taya to do in the Knockouts Division.

8 minutes ago, TheGoon said:

Can’t say I’m too bothered about most of them (as baffling as Hit Row’s release is) but I feel so, so sorry for Tegan Nox 

Swerve will be in demand, but it's not looking good for Top Dolla after his weird outburst about trainers a few weeks ago and then the recent iffy stuff about Jinder.