The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

It’s pretty mental the state the UK indies have fallen into from a few years ago. World of Sport, NXT UK, Speaking Out and overall incompetence from the big players all one after the other killed everything - so much so it’s difficult to imagine a resurgence anything close to where it was. I certainly won’t be supporting any of the existing Scottish companies. 

31 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

Never followed much of ICW. What’s the beef with them? 

I think most people would have associated ICW with a drinks and drugs culture. During the #SpeakingOut movement people got to hear the stories of what that was like from the perspective of women, trainees, and those happened to pass by their orbit in the likes of the Cathouse. Dallas, a lot of the wrestlers, and I think even some of the BTS crew were named.

The company's reaction wasn't considered to be great, and Mark Dallas is still in charge. For many it feels like nothing has really changed, they just rode out COVID with little consequence.

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

It's always a bit weird when you see wrestling lingo being used elsewhere.

https://twitter.com/Dominic2306/status/1450575633520726017?t=2WN5GbYOWXb6VNDEplUqPg&s=19

The term 'jobber' has slowly worked its way into popular vernacular over the past few years. Especially when describing a rotten sports individual or team but that's an easy one to describe to anyone in a couple of sentences and they'd get it and use it pretty accurately. 

Kayfabe and breaking kayfabe is a bit more nuanced though, so aye, funny to see it being used here as most folk wouldn't understand it without understanding the rationale behind it.

Yeah, that was a pretty good show.  Seems that WWE have realised that just because they're travelling to Saudi Arabia, they don't have to put on a cringey, awful show.  It felt, in effort at least, like they were putting it up with the big 4, and didn't outstay its welcome.  

I didn't really like the Brock/Reigns finish either, but the match itself was a breath of fresh air when it comes to the former.  For years now we've had the same pattern for his matches.  Heyman introduces him, he charges at the opponent, kicks the shit out of them and then wins.  For big matches, maybe someone gets in a wee flurry in the middle, but ultimately he wins.  I don't remember the last time he went into the match feeling like largely the equal, and being booked to take an equal amount of offence.  He's brilliant at selling, and that match made him look human.  Well, about as human as a sentient ham can.  When he comes back probably depends whether they can get the Rock in for WM.  If not, I expect we'll get a rematch there.

5 hours ago, cb_diamond said:

Backstage barny between Charlotte and Becky with Andrade publicly slating WWE. Sean Ross Sapp and the likes will be salivating right now

She's 100% continuing to play the long game and work her ticket out of WWE.

Don't be surprised if she 'accidentally' gets shown in the crowd on Dynamite tonight. She appears to be at the stage she doesn't give a solitary f**k and will take the financial hit to leave.

11 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

She's 100% continuing to play the long game and work her ticket out of WWE.

Don't be surprised if she 'accidentally' gets shown in the crowd on Dynamite tonight. She appears to be at the stage she doesn't give a solitary f**k and will take the financial hit to leave.

Imagine of she did it and TK went "stuff that she's a nightmare" and didn't sign her 😂😂😂