The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

3 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

I hope so. That's classic Corny!

Pretty sure his girlfriend had got a piercing in the downstairs region and he was telling her all day that he was gonna squeeze it. He then proceeded to do exactly that when she took a move off him in the ring.

Cornette, predictably went through the roof.

Aye was a great house show. Some atmosphere.

My only concern is the house was pish. I reckon there was only around 7k there. Obviously the ones that were there created a great crowd but the full back section was shut off and there were plenry of empties in the 2nd tier as well. Maybe wont look good if they ever do get round to looking at a UK PPV in these parts.

1 minute ago, Sir Kevin Of Kilsyth said:

Aye was a great house show. Some atmosphere.

My only concern is the house was pish. I reckon there was only around 7k there. Obviously the ones that were there created a great crowd but the full back section was shut off and there were plenry of empties in the 2nd tier as well. Maybe wont look good if they ever do get round to looking at a UK PPV in these parts.

Aye it was just over 7K they shifted. Mind they were doing TV here in 2019 and just cancelled it for a house show instead? Very weird stuff, especially given how packed the 2016 tapings were. 

I imagine WWE going to BT Sport has killed a lot of the casual UK live audience, especially with there no longer being a Cena or someone else on a similar level to advertise to appear on these shows. I remember Sky used to constantly plug the UK tours and wrestlers would appear on every TV show and radio station while they were here. If I hadn't seen that clip of Drew at Glasgow Airport, then I would have had no idea they were at the Hydro last night.

I think that show serves as the prime example of several things that are wrong with WWE. Generally it was a solid show, a standard B-show PPV where they put on a series of solid-to-good matches to move things along. But it's rarely more than that these days, and genuinely feels like although the wrestlers are often giving it their all, the writers and producers and people telling the wrestlers what to do just can't be arsed.  Nonsensical bookings, weird segments, things just left hanging there.  It's poor stuff.

No better example than that main event.  Finally you get to an Extreme Rules match (and it's fucking ludicrous that they continue to use these stipulation-based PPVs, and only have one match of that type) and it's a pretty decent one, and then...whatever the f**k that ending was.  From Balor gyrating on the floor like a dying fish, to soundtracking a beatdown, to him standing there clearly waiting for the rope to get cut.  And...why?  In the olden days you'd probably say they'd explain it tonight on RAW, but will they f**k (although if they cut to Brock with Beefcake's shears and he cuts an "it was me, Finn' promo, all's forgiven).

EDIT: Oh, and in that hilarity I almost forgot one of the other more tone-deaf moments with Reigns (the undisputed heel) being such an asshole that he put on a mask to go into the crowd. I mean, can you imagine.  What a c**t.

Edited by forameus