The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

AEW seem to treat the older boys well without forcing them to the top of the card, so I think Flair would be a good fit if he goes there. As has been mentioned, that means they can also sell Ric Flair merch and stick him in the computer game. Likewise if they can get Kurt Angle, although he seems quite happily retired now.

Someone just needs to make sure that him and Jake don't start hitting the sauce when on the road together.

Please tell me he wasn't still actually wrestling, he looked decrepit over 20 years ago.

Please tell me he wasn't still actually wrestling, he looked decrepit over 20 years ago.
He nearly carked it a couple years ago.

Flair has been in-ring retired for quite a while now - though probably not through the crazy old B's own choice [emoji23]

He was on a legends deal & made sporadic on screen appearances with Charlotte with a couple storylines as well.

23 minutes ago, TheGoon said:

Well this is shite. SummerSlam still seems to be on track, but after that is anyone’s guess. 

It's hard to argue that it wasn't a possibility.  Although if they do end up going back to that, why is running a reduced and partially distanced crowd not an option?  Surely they don't need full houses to make it worth their while?  Or is it to protect the employees (lol...sorry...contractors) by eliminating travel? 

It's hard to look at those full houses and not wonder whether it was a mistake.  Particularly with the problems the US is continuing to have with people not fancying getting the vaccine.

Think Wee Nic'll get them to move over to Hampden?

15 minutes ago, forameus said:

It's hard to argue that it wasn't a possibility.  Although if they do end up going back to that, why is running a reduced and partially distanced crowd not an option?  Surely they don't need full houses to make it worth their while?  Or is it to protect the employees (lol...sorry...contractors) by eliminating travel? 

It's hard to look at those full houses and not wonder whether it was a mistake.  Particularly with the problems the US is continuing to have with people not fancying getting the vaccine.

Think Wee Nic'll get them to move over to Hampden?

I forgot they’re meant to be here next month! Not fancying our chances 

Ric Flair apparently messaged Vince to complain about Charlotte's booking and Vince punted him. 

Flair has released a statement with every single word starting with a capital letter saying he loved WWE.

6 hours ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

If they do still come over for the UK tour, I wonder if the unvaccinated wrestlers (looking at you Nia Jax) will have to isolate for 10 days?

Is that massive unsafe danger one of the anti-vaxer brigade? 

6 minutes ago, Bert Raccoon said:

Bobby Eaton has passed away aged 62. A solid tag team wrestler in the golden era of tag team wrestling RIP 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ewrestlingnews.com/news/beautiful-bobby-eaton-passes-away/amp

Even as a pretty young kid watching WCW you could tell he was a top worker. Watched his midnight express stuff later on YouTube and that was also great. By all accounts the nicest man in wrestling.

1 hour ago, Mark Connolly said:

His wife died recently as well IIRC.

Yeah like a month ago, the story of her and him first going out is very funny as she was Bill Dundee's daughter and apparently he went absolutely mental when he found out she was dating a wrestler, until he heard it was BE and then he was totally cool with it.

Pete Dunne definitely strikes me as a Triple H/HBK guy and one who’ll want to stay loyal to the brand given that he was practically the founding father of NXT UK. Speaking of which there’s also now essentially no UK Indy scene for him to come back to. That being said, I do think he (wrongly) has a ceiling in WWE and he’s probably relatively close to it already. And AEW need UK stars if they want to seriously crack the market here (take Tyler Bate out of NXT UK purgatory please). And/or he’s someone who’d be great in Japan. He’s also young enough that he could go away for a few years and come back to WWE for a decent gig on NXT again or an easy one on the main roster. 

So aye I can’t see him going but I’d certainly like him to.