The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

Aye I’d still say Bryan’s the more likely of the two, but a WWE return would be a bit of a swerve for Punk at this point given AEW are the company he’s apparently been talking to, the opponents he wants to face are all in AEW, and he was bodying how bad WWE’s creative is on Twitter a month ago. Don’t really see what grounds AEW’s being ruled out on. 

While he was on the FOX payroll, once CM Punk turned up covering WWE programming he showed he was about business. If the WWE were interested they would have brought back by now. Him turning up in WWE would simply a reaction to AEW's interest. He's either going to turn up in AEW or not make a return i'd say.

Supposedly Bryan's got the wrestling wanderlust again. He's not going to scratch that itch in the WWE.

See he (punk) posted the theme tune from the last dance on his Instagram funnily enough AEW had applied for the copyright to use the same song 3 days before hand.

Edited by gav-ffc

11 hours ago, gav-ffc said:

See he (punk) posted the theme tune from the last dance on his Instagram funnily enough AEW had applied for the copyright to use the same song 3 days before hand.

Would prefer Cult Of Personality but that would be a pretty decent entrance theme 

11 minutes ago, Jeff Venom said:
18 minutes ago, Bert Raccoon said:
Would prefer Cult Of Personality but that would be a pretty decent entrance theme 

I'd love it to be CoP, doubt WWE would have gotten sole rights to the song by Living Colour?

You would imagine if he did join AEW and uses anything other than CoP then WWE must own the rights considering how keen AEW seem to be with paying for the rights to songs 

43 minutes ago, Bert Raccoon said:

You would imagine if he did join AEW and uses anything other than CoP then WWE must own the rights considering how keen AEW seem to be with paying for the rights to songs 

Punk used COP for his MMA fights, not sure if that means anything 

1 hour ago, Bert Raccoon said:

Perhaps not for entrance music as Cult of Personality would pop so hard.

He used COP in the UFC I’m sure.

Bollocks. If Punk came back (a huge if) it wouldn't be for AEW that's for sure.

The floor is yours. There’s no reason why he wouldn’t go to AEW when Punk’s the sort of guy who likes Meltzer and is clearly a smark himself.

15 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Yeah, a guy that spent years in the indies and early TNA is going to consider AEW a very distant 2nd league promotion.

Looks like a horrible run of shows from All Out through to Full Gear 🤣🤣🤣

Also a guy who has long since said he'd made his money and the cash on offer is a distant second to the story being told. 

Can fully understand if folk still don't think he'll ever surface again but to be so confident to say it definitely won't be AEW with the level of talent on their roster and potential of also being involved in New Japan is just daft.

Add "Matt Cardona has won the GCW title after beating Nick Gage in a death match bloodbath" to the list of sentences I thought I would never type.

Absolutely mental scenes afterwards 

Edited by cb_diamond

20 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

We'll just have to wait and see. Bryan absolutely yes I can see him going. Punk has no reason at all to get back into wrestling and not for a very, very distant 2nd league promotion.

In what way is it a very (very) distant 2nd?  They'll never be the top wrestling programme but to say it is very distant second is disingenuous considering they're selling out 20,000 arenas and getting over 1 million watches a week 

1 hour ago, Bert Raccoon said:

In what way is it a very (very) distant 2nd?  They'll never be the top wrestling programme but to say it is very distant second is disingenuous considering they're selling out 20,000 arenas and getting over 1 million watches a week 

Plus beating Raw in the "key demo"