The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

Aleister Black always felt to me like a horrible fit for WWE. One of those ones where I just knew they'd struggle. A guy who'd probably have seen a positive in staying in NXT as he'd still fit in there quite easily and would probably still be quite safe.

Felt the same about Balor, and still don't think he has a place on the main roster. If he moves up again, he'll be offski.

I think they let that train pass (pun intended) when they had him jobber to the stars when he was arguably at the height of his popularity, instead of pulling the trigger, and I don't think he ever fully recovered from that.

If you can't book Keith Lee effectively you should not be running a wrestling promotion.

This is still fantastic.

They missed the boat on Strowman big time not giving him the belt at the peak of his popularity in 2017/18 (?) but he was still beating Goldberg for the Universal Title, main eventing PPVs and wrestling a McMahon at WrestleMania in the last year or so. 

Excited to see what Murphy and Black get up to. Either or both of them in NJPW and/or AEW would be first class. Ruby Riott was another waste, especially considering the lack of competent or credible wrestlers they have in the women’s mid card, bottom of the card and tag division. 

Obviously anybody losing their job is shite but having said that I am pleased and excited for Black and Murphy. That being said - cutting them for ‘budget cuts’ is such a piece of nonsense. 

If Keith Lee goes I give up, honestly. One of the biggest opportunities of all time. 

On the confirmed ones, I thought Braun would’ve been a WWE lifer. Black you could’ve defo seen coming weeks ago - but not in the middle of an actual push/feud with the IC Champ. Ruby I’ve never been a huge fan of, but she’s different and actually stands out - very rare they actually offered her the opportunity to shine. Murphy’s a bit of a surprise too, but he should be absolutely fine elsewhere, I’d love to see him in Japan. Garrett the least surprising of the lot obviously, but it thins down the women’s roster even more. Lana’s a weird one. I’m not sure if she’ll keep wrestling, but she’s put a lot of work into getting better over the last couple years and I can’t see her wanting to totally give it up.

I’m all for them making cuts and letting guys they don’t use go, but there are always a few head-scratchers that 40 writers (and one old man) somehow fumbled.  

Black is one of those surprising but not surprising..crazy that they can't find something for someone that good, but they never seemed to really "get" him once he left NXT.

But Strowman...what the f**k's gone on there? Only sensible options seem to be that he's asked for it, or he's done something wrong, but neither seems to be the case at the moment going by what's been said. He seems the prototypical fed guy. Nothing flashy, no indie background, but a big lad who could be there doing that for years and years. Utterly baffling.

3 hours ago, TheGoon said:

If Keith Lee goes I give up, honestly. One of the biggest opportunities of all time. 

On the confirmed ones, I thought Braun would’ve been a WWE lifer. Black you could’ve defo seen coming weeks ago - but not in the middle of an actual push/feud with the IC Champ. Ruby I’ve never been a huge fan of, but she’s different and actually stands out - very rare they actually offered her the opportunity to shine. Murphy’s a bit of a surprise too, but he should be absolutely fine elsewhere, I’d love to see him in Japan. Garrett the least surprising of the lot obviously, but it thins down the women’s roster even more. Lana’s a weird one. I’m not sure if she’ll keep wrestling, but she’s put a lot of work into getting better over the last couple years and I can’t see her wanting to totally give it up.

I’m all for them making cuts and letting guys they don’t use go, but there are always a few head-scratchers that 40 writers (and one old man) somehow fumbled.  

Could be doing with emptying half of them as well. Not that I’d like anyone to lose their job but too-many-cooks and all that.

Just clocked Andrade's tweet tagging in Black & Murphy.

How you can mess up those 3 and/or say you have nothing for them is mind-boggling.

Can we have a multi-match series somewhere of those 3 feuding over a title please.
Just let them go at it with them having as much license on the match content as possible.

9 hours ago, TheGoon said:

Just seen this, what shite news 

Dunno, if I'm alone with Rush but I can't stand him. Much like Mike Bennett for me, Uber annoying, unbelievably moany and whiny, utter attention seeker. Good riddance.