The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

2 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

What's the long term plan with Reigns? Aside from perhaps Big E, I can't see anyone who would be built up to finally defeat him.

Yeah there’s no one atm who realistically beats him. Would love it to be Cesaro but I don’t see it any time soon. 

I’ve been out of touch with weeklies until this year, do they still do a ‘draft’? I remember it being just after Mania usually, maybe they’ll send Drew to smackdown or something?

1 minute ago, Killiesquirrel said:

Yeah there’s no one atm who realistically beats him. Would love it to be Cesaro but I don’t see it any time soon. 

I’ve been out of touch with weeklies until this year, do they still do a ‘draft’? I remember it being just after Mania usually, maybe they’ll send Drew to smackdown or something?

Yeah there's a draft but it's later in the year now (end of October I think).

Drew vs Reigns would be good, but it doesn't help them build new stars.

I wouldn't be surprised if they don't have one, to be honest.  I think Big E is currently one of the only options you could really build up as an uber-Bryan kind of face.  Maybe Cesaro added to that too, although I'm not sure you'd get the charisma side quite as much with him.  I imagine they're just going to chuck people at him to keep it ticking over until something happens that makes them think it's time. Are they hoping for Rock?  Although to be honest, if they got him I'd have Reigns dismantle him and retain anyway. Looking through the roster, even going down to NXT there just isn't anyone I could see them being able to build enough to do it.  A rehabilitated Balor, a super-charged Big E, or Cesaro.  That's about it.

EDIT: Or I suppose they could eventually turn Rollins face and play on that history.  That would be baws though.

EDIT2: They do still have the Brock story they could tell in their back pocket. Although outside of Heyman-on-a-pole, I'm not sure the dynamic really works.

Edited by forameus

6 minutes ago, Killiesquirrel said:

Unlikely, but is there any chance the Jimmy USO stuff plays a part tonight? Have Roman lose title temporarily due to one of them screwing him, and they sort out the ‘family issues’ before he wins the title back...?

As I say unlikely! :lol:

Far more likely that he'll tease it but instead smash Cesaro and align with Reigns and his brother.

That's a weird decision if it is indeed that.  Do they see Hell in a Cell as a less "fan-friendly" show?  I guess it might be good for a viewer at home but suck if you're actually there.  I always thought they'd aim for Summerslam to really make it feel big, but they'll obviously be desperate to go as soon as possible.  Whether it's a good idea or not - and I haven't heard too many horror stories coming out of the US doing this kind of stuff (although I haven't really looked) - they really need to start getting back to normal for their own sakes.  And what better way than watching 10-15 wrestlers try and commit suicide by ladder in front of them.

Being reported that Miz suffered a torn ACL at Backlash (in addition to being eaten by zombies [emoji3446])

Spot where Priest came off top turnbuckle & landed full weight on Miz' knee is what caused the damage I'd think.

First major injury for Miz since his WWE debut over 15 years ago - could be out for up to 9 months so might not be back until Mania time next year.

39 minutes ago, Andre Drazen said:

I'd have thought the murder would keep him out longer.

But I guess Baron Corbin committed multiple murders last year and guys walked that off.

Always important to remember the Giant falling off a building, but appearing again later that night.

WCW FTW

4 hours ago, cdisaaccie said:

Being reported that Miz suffered a torn ACL at Backlash (in addition to being eaten by zombies emoji3446.png)

Spot where Priest came off top turnbuckle & landed full weight on Miz' knee is what caused the damage I'd think.

First major injury for Miz since his WWE debut over 15 years ago - could be out for up to 9 months so might not be back until Mania time next year.

That's an absolute gutter for him.  Got quite the soft spot for him, seems like a genuinely decent guy and while he's not the most flashy, he doesn't get enough credit for his work in my opinion.

Still though, maybe opportunity can come out of this.  Have him go away, be largely forgotten, and then really give him something to get his teeth into when he comes back.  Let him play a pissed off heel that got broken by his first major injury of his career, let him have his trademark promos.  All of the promos.  Give him the IC belt.  He was only WWE champion for like a week and made me believe in it with one promo.  He deserves better than being "eaten by zombies".