The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

18 minutes ago, forameus said:

To be (ever so slightly) fair to them, they've read the room and seemingly punted him as far from NXT shows as they can go.  Well, not as far.  He's still employed.  I really hope they're just not looking at all the obvious potential he used to have and hoping the heat dies down.  Letting some fairly good members of the roster go for "budget cuts" and still having Dream there is obviously not a good look.

That's exactly what they're doing I think.

4 minutes ago, mrpaddyx said:

Has JTG made the cut?

Haha! Was hoping that Bo Dallas could be the new JTG in that regard, but he must have been spotted and remembered.

Edited by DA Baracus

5 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

That's exactly what they're doing I think.

Haha! Was hoping that Bo Dallas could be the new JTG in that regard but he must have been spotted and remembered.

It's almost criminal that they didn't do any kind of program with him and Bray Wyatt.

1 minute ago, mrpaddyx said:

It's almost criminal that they didn't do any kind of program with him and Bray Wyatt.

Mad old Vince is probably back to believing that brothers don't fight (seemingly he didn't want Bret vs Owen, at all, because he thought brothers didn't fight, and had to be talked in it by numerous people).

1 minute ago, DA Baracus said:

Mad old Vince is probably back to believing that brothers don't fight (seemingly he didn't want Bret vs Owen, at all, because he thought brothers didn't fight, and had to be talked in it by numerous people).

But he will fight his own daughter in an I Quit match?

4 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

2 minutes ago, mrpaddyx said:

But he will fight his own daughter in an I Quit match?

And granted it isn't his brother, but didn't he quite eerily talk about how he'd happily have murdered his step-father?

Yup.
Had Bo sat in catering for best part of a year & half yet "creative had nothing" for him.

Bringing him back as a crazed version of his original Bolieve character as Bo Wyatt alongside Bray either as Bray's backup or even as a terrifying tag team would have made sense.

Still seems likely that at least 1 of the extra-crispy Fiend appearances was Bo not Bray as well.

---

Samoa Joe & the IIconics will be picked up immediately - probably by AEW - as there is money to be made with Billie Kay & Peyton with Joe bringing so much experience both in ring and out.

I can believe Joe wanted to wrestle and was maybe getting sidelined by WWE for being a liability with injuries. He was a great commentator though and it was a crime he was never world champion. Tremendous talker and looked and fought like a mean p***k.

Shame for the Iconics who were... Iconic. Both of them (but Billie especially) were incredibly funny. The footage is lost for some reason but them accosting Drake Maverick backstage was so funny.

Just now, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

I can only assume that Vince doesn't know NXT UK even exists, they seem to dodge the mass release bullet every time. Outwith WALTER, I can't see many people on that roster who will ever have a career the States.

He seems against moving there as well. 

I love Pete Dunne but I can't see Vince taking to him either. It's not even about being small necessarily more that he looks like an extra in Peaky Blinders.

7 minutes ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

I can only assume that Vince doesn't know NXT UK even exists, they seem to dodge the mass release bullet every time. Outwith WALTER, I can't see many people on that roster who will ever have a career the States.

It exists to hog the UK talent. No other reason. 

Think I may have mentioned it here before but the Wrestling Bios YouTube page is excellent, the Reliving The Wars weekly episodes where he rates the weekly Raw vs Nitro episodes is great nostalgic viewing and the guy is hilarious and a clear wrestling fan 

13 minutes ago, Bert Raccoon said:

Think I may have mentioned it here before but the Wrestling Bios YouTube page is excellent, the Reliving The Wars weekly episodes where he rates the weekly Raw vs Nitro episodes is great nostalgic viewing and the guy is hilarious and a clear wrestling fan 

Been listening to a fair bit of “83 Weeks” with Eric Bischoff, some of it is quite good.