The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

Riddle and Miz with belts. It’s like they’re trying to see just how low they can get the ratings. 
Scunnered with that. What is the point!? Just do Drew & Lashley at Mania

Pretty sure that's where this is headed.

But with Lashley going in to Mania as champion having beaten Miz at Fastlane - surely the whole thing with Miz & MVP was a deal where Lashley beats up Drew, Miz cashes in successfully & in return big Boab gets a WWE title shot.

Only thing that makes sense.

There's not a chance Miz is going into Mania with the belt IMO. Lashley will demolish him at Fast Lane and Drew will finally get his big moment in front of a live crowd at Mania. It means they can have an almost guaranteed title change at Fast Lane to get the Peacock subscriptions in.

I thought last night's show was ok. It was very strange booking to have spent so many weeks building up Sheamus and Cesaro just to have them eliminated with a whimper. There's no reason why Cesaro couldn't have won the chamber match and then taken the quick loss to Reigns.

On the plus side, there was zero Fiend bollocks.

5 hours ago, AFCDannyFTH said:

Give the man his due, he is great on the mic when he's given time and allowed to go off. 

I know he can do it, but it's baffling that he has the capacity to have great, passionate promos like this and the old Talking Smack ones, yet he's usually relegated to a comedic character.  They have him sit there and do a talk show segment furthering other feuds when they could have him in it with someone doing promos like this.  I don't think putting it on him was the right decision, but seeing that, I'm into it.  

f**k it, let Miz carry it into Mania.  Lashley would be interesting option for Drew to take it off, but I'd rather keep him for when he can have more than just keeping the belt warm.  Let Miz have promos like that for the next couple of months, then Drew can win it back in front of fans.  

They just don't know what to do with potential stars. Ziggler is another. I reckon he is much more charismatic than Seth Rollins for example and a better wrestler to boot, but he'll never be anything other than a mid-carder now because they've mismanaged him for more than a decade.

2 hours ago, forameus said:

I know he can do it, but it's baffling that he has the capacity to have great, passionate promos like this and the old Talking Smack ones, yet he's usually relegated to a comedic character.  They have him sit there and do a talk show segment furthering other feuds when they could have him in it with someone doing promos like this.  I don't think putting it on him was the right decision, but seeing that, I'm into it.  

f**k it, let Miz carry it into Mania.  Lashley would be interesting option for Drew to take it off, but I'd rather keep him for when he can have more than just keeping the belt warm.  Let Miz have promos like that for the next couple of months, then Drew can win it back in front of fans.  

THAT is a promo! Not that wishy, washy pish from Cesaro last week. 

Like it's been said already though, it'd have made a greater impact if they hadn't got him doing stuff with a musician and horrible "comedy" shit the whole time again.

12 minutes ago, Comrie said:

Progress had Paul Robinson working backstage. The dumpster fire that is BritWres right now never learns.

I think where that one really tells a story was the decision to throw the roster under the bus over it. 

They claim everyone was okay with it. They clearly weren't. Because if they were, it wouldn't have been leaked and nobody would be any wiser. We learned about it because their feet got held to the fire when it got out.

Also... kinda felt like people previously involved there who were "gone" came back, going on the statement. 

A final note. Robinson was apparently going to wrestle, and something suddenly stopped that which, again, suggests there was a problem with him being there.

Guest bernardblack
27 minutes ago, The Naitch said:

I watched it earlier. Enjoyable hour and a half, didn't feel like it dragged on at all.

Aye it flew past. Austin’s skills as a host/podcaster are top notch these days