The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

6 hours ago, dundeefc1783 said:

Can anyone tell me what event this Hogan entrance was from?Screenshot_20210216_155633.jpg

Actually, ignore the tit below, if it’s the shot that follows him down the ramp I’m thinking of then it’s WrestleMania 8.

Can we all agree that the best mini feud ever is Rock vs Hurricane? Rock was an amazing heel at this time (changed times; The Rock could punt a genuine baby and be cheered as the greatest hero ever these days). 

This stuff was funny and got Hurricane over. Just all round tremendous stuff.

18 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Can we all agree that the best mini feud ever is Rock vs Hurricane? Rock was an amazing heel at this time (changed times; The Rock could punt a genuine baby and be cheered as the greatest hero ever these days). 

This stuff was funny and got Hurricane over. Just all round tremendous stuff.

It still bugs me a bit they left the Hurricane gimmick for Gregory Helms. I like Shane Helms, but as that heel character he was just way, way less interesting. 

37 minutes ago, TheGoon said:

Matt Riddle can f**k off. 

I guess I'm not the only one.  I just can't fucking stand him, and I'm not sure why.  I've seen him interviewed, and apart from being a bit of a stoner, he seems alright, but just can't take to him in the role.  

Still, hopefully means we're going to get a month or so of Lashley seeing how far he can throw him.

This looks like it'll run pretty short unless they're going to have this match go way long...I mean, I'm not complaining, it's been pretty ordinary, but surely they can build enough to make a show go beyond 3.

EDIT: Ha.  Barely 2 and a half.  And finishes with a Miz title win.  Ooft.

Edited by forameus

I for one am absolutely trembling with excitement wondering who is going to main event night 1 of Wrestlemania opposite fucking Miz...

It's harsh on the guy, as he seems like he'd be a brilliant laugh and seems a great guy, but...well, it's just not that exciting, is it?  They didn't pull the trigger when he was actually interesting during those great Talking Smack Promo Days.  They didn't pull the trigger when he could have had an easily written feud with Bryan (they did do it in the end, but shoddily) and didn't pull it when they could have reversed with Bryan as a heel.  He's basically been a comedy character for a while.  Now he's Champion.  Who does he go up against?

Smells awfully like they'll have him drop it at Fastlane, or even on a RAW.  Probably back to fucking McIntyre.  Just...why.