The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

Jings that's a tough one to hear. So young, so talented, and evidently so loved by everyone. He sounds a bit like Owen Hart in that respect.

I mind a while back he returned after being away for a bit (to Smackdown I think) in a hoodie, round when Orton was messing around with Wyatt. The pop he got when he revealed himself, it felt like that was the time...pull the trigger, there's a swell there for this guy, people want it.

Still a very difficult one to comprehend. I really wanted WWE to do more with Harper and enjoyed the times he did get to shine with The Wyatts at the peak of their popularity and his brief IC champion stint (excellent ladder match with Dolph Ziggler at TLC 2014 comes to mind)

Was delighted when AEW picked up him up though a bit worried about the Dark Order stuff as it’d been tanking up until that point. He completely turned it around, gave it legitimacy but was still brilliant in the comedy skits and less serious stuff. His matches with Moxley and  Cody were some of my favourites this year too. 

He really was just getting going.

6 hours ago, NotThePars said:

Bray Wyatt posted this

Fucking hell, lovely isn't the word I'd use to describe that.  He sounds understandably devastated in a way you don't often get with these online tributes.

Has there been anything more on what happened?  Someone mentioned a lung condition earlier, but not Covid, but it must have been something incredibly sudden.  He was still actively wrestling fairly recently, right?

19 minutes ago, forameus said:

Fucking hell, lovely isn't the word I'd use to describe that.  He sounds understandably devastated in a way you don't often get with these online tributes.

Has there been anything more on what happened?  Someone mentioned a lung condition earlier, but not Covid, but it must have been something incredibly sudden.  He was still actively wrestling fairly recently, right?

He stepped away a couple of months ago to deal with whatever the health issue was. It’s obviously escalated worse than anyone could’ve imagined.

He's been out for weeks. His wife has just said a non-COVID related lung condition and he was getting treatment for it. I'm guessing AEW also caught wind of how serious it was given they filmed his son beating Omega for the title in a post-show thing, probably to show Brodie after.

9 hours ago, FifeArab said:

I see PW Torch’s writer has been punted for his column on Brodie Lee’s death. Going by Twitter It seems like a lot of people have unsubscribed to the page as well.

Quite right. They kept it there for 24 hours despite being aware of it and only did this because it was forced. f**k the Torch.

13 hours ago, FifeArab said:

I see PW Torch’s writer has been punted for his column on Brodie Lee’s death. Going by Twitter It seems like a lot of people have unsubscribed to the page as well.

4 hours ago, Andre Drazen said:

Quite right. They kept it there for 24 hours despite being aware of it and only did this because it was forced. f**k the Torch.

What was said?

He's basically accused Brodie's wife of lying by saying that it could have been a covid related death when it was made clear by his wife that it wasn't. He then decided to double down and talk about the "truth" coming out, despite it then being said that he was actually being tested while hospitalized. The article was still up while he was doing this.

They only took action when they lost a lot of subscribers. It was fine to them before that happened, which makes them complicit in the bullshit that has followed.

To be fair, the journalist that wrote it had been there for 30 year. I'm not sure they expected him to produce such unsubstantiated, hurtful bullshit and (wrongly) gave him the benefit of the doubt until they'd assessed the situation.

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

To be fair, the journalist that wrote it had been there for 30 year. I'm not sure they expected him to produce such unsubstantiated, hurtful bullshit and (wrongly) gave him the benefit of the doubt until they'd assessed the situation.

That is absolutely no excuse for allowing such an article to get through. And once they caught wind of it, which they had done, they should have taken it down, at least temporarily, and then assessed it then. They did neither and are complicit. There's no excuses to be had here. Taking it down because they were losing subscribers does not absolve them of blame.

1 minute ago, Andre Drazen said:

That is absolutely no excuse for allowing such an article to get through. And once they caught wind of it, which they had done, they should have taken it down, at least temporarily, and then assessed it then. They did neither and are complicit. There's no excuses to be had here. Taking it down because they were losing subscribers does not absolve them of blame.

I think a company that runs with what, probably fewer than 10 full time paid employees can be excused for allowing the journalist that's been with the company for 30 years to post his article online without it being edited/approved first.

Completely agree with the rest of your post.