The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

As I said when the Mysterio/Rollins shit was happening, I fucking love when the commentators have to act all earnest and shocked, as it never rings true with the hilarity there's just been.  Another great example there, although fair play to WWE, there were some incredible visuals in that match.  Dumb as a box of rocks and twice as ugly, but Orton RKOing a burning man who was running at him was great, and finishing off with an attempted murder.  f**k sake WWE.  In a weird way, also one of the more "real" feeling matches.  Most weapons will be gimmicked in some way to remove a lot of the danger, but can imagine there's going to be a bit of trepidation fucking around with fire.  

Other than that, a really good show.  TLC matches both managed to be different, the other matches all solid-to-good.  To be fair to WWE again, they've put on some pretty decent shows, and they've done some pretty cool stuff during the lockdown, but even as Kevin Owens goes out to try and kill himself in the ring, and Bray Wyatt's getting set on fire, it's hard to feel like any of it matters without the crowds in.  You can put on great PPVs, but when week-after-week the regular TV shows are absolute guff, what's the point?

Guest bernardblack
I thought it was a terrific ppv but I've viewed it as a stand alone show given I don't really keep track in between the ppvs at the moment.
Just wondering where they go with Wyatt now though. Where can you go after that? A new character?

I was also thinking this. Maybe a new gimmick?

In a way it's sad if it is the end of the Fiend, as it seems a bit of a sudden stop for a decent character to do it at an empty arena TLC show (of course, I know the Fiend isn't for everyone).  But then how many times have WWE booted the arse out of things pretty much until it's too late to save?  They've done their best to botch it on several occasions, Bray's just about saved it, so if the Fiend as we know it is dead and they give him a chance to build something new, could be the best decision.

1 hour ago, forameus said:

Was watching the Royal Rumble from the year Reigns won it.  I'd forgotten just how much of a fucking arse they made of it from minute 1 to fade-to-black.  It's really something to behold.

2015 isn't it?

It's so bad. It's a massive 'f**k you!' to the fans. Everything about that match is so dreadfully done, from the order of entrants to the order of eliminations, but especially the manner of eliminations. An aged, creaking and utterly not over Kane and Big Show just dumping folk out was so bad to watch.

Rock's face when he's trying to get folk behind Roman's win is still amusing. He's totally like 'What the f**k?!.