The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

Folk like Sami Zayn and Daniel Bryan should be drawing up a traffic light system of those likely to, open to, and against unionisation and pushing for it. f**k, I reckon given a day I could accurately guess something like 90% of the roster's attitude towards it. The New Day would be amenable, most of the Euro lads potentially. Seth Rollins as mentioned before absolutely not. Everyone that laughed at Kid Rock at the Hall of Fame Induction: best just phoning the NKVD.

Guest bernardblack

Taker is on the YouTube show Hot Ones this week.

The host usually does a ton of research and asks some great questions, so should be a great watch

Did you know, there's actually one of WWE's big 4 at the weekend?  No?  Fair enough.

Card looks...alright, I guess.  Definitely going to be some decent matches in there, but they really don't seem to care too much about it, particularly when in past years they've really leaned into things to deliver largely nonsensical, but at least enjoyable stories around things.  Two years ago Becky got her face punted in, last year they used the Saudi debacle to launch NXT into things, and this year they've...had Drew McIntyre say some cross words to Roman Reigns?  Once again just seem to be trying desperately to play out the year and hope for crowds in 2021.  Spinning their wheels very slowly.

A crowd would little difference to this garbage.

The champion vs champion stuff was intriguing until they had last minute title changes and guys appearing on whatever shows they fancied. Saying that there will be some good matches due to the champion vs champion stuff but that they mean pretty much nothing harms them.

That feeds in to the major fault with this pish; 'brand supremacy'. Absolutely no one, fans and wrestlers alike, including in kayfabe, give the slightest f**k about either 'brand'. Worse, there is absolutely nothing at stake. Being the better 'brand' on the basis of winning more matches at a single PPV means absolutely nothing. Being the better 'brand' in general means absolutely nothing.

They're really ramping up the 30 years of Taker stuff on social media - what pile of shite do we think they're going to have him do on Sunday?
Hopefully not something really stupid like having him job out Retribution to send them back to NXT.

Having been watching the documentary every night this week on BT Sport if he is going out at SS as he came in 30 years ago then just a well crafted spot with him & Kane riding off into the sunset with an "official" retirement for both of them would do the job.

I am looking forward to fans eventually coming back and it’ll boost my interest for a wee while, but even at the start of this year with crowds I was starting to tune out of the WWE product. So much annoys me about it. There’s no logic, but they’re not even sacrificing it for fun or interesting storylines. It needs a radical change, but whilst they’re still making silly money I doubt it’ll come. 

On 19/11/2020 at 23:42, DA Baracus said:

A crowd would little difference to this garbage.

The champion vs champion stuff was intriguing until they had last minute title changes and guys appearing on whatever shows they fancied. Saying that there will be some good matches due to the champion vs champion stuff but that they mean pretty much nothing harms them.

That feeds in to the major fault with this pish; 'brand supremacy'. Absolutely no one, fans and wrestlers alike, including in kayfabe, give the slightest f**k about either 'brand'. Worse, there is absolutely nothing at stake. Being the better 'brand' on the basis of winning more matches at a single PPV means absolutely nothing. Being the better 'brand' in general means absolutely nothing.

Stakes is the operative word. Its just such an easy fix that would make "brand warfare" actually mean something. Give the brand that wins the 30 spot in the rumble, or opener and maim at Wrestlemania, or a fucking turkey leg for the winners, just SOMETHING.

27 minutes ago, Sir Kevin Of Kilsyth said:

Forgive me for my ignorance but where can I watch Main Event this weather? 

BT didn't pick it up when WWE moved over. Usually throwaway but it looks like one or two things happened on it this week. 

Network?