The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

https://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news/paige-gets-upset-while-streaming-after-a-text-message-comes-in-possibly-from-wwe

Honestly, this sort of behaviour pisses me off so much and is just another reason to remind me why Vince McMahon is an evil, horrible old b*****d. 

I've certainly not always been a fan of Paige but if you're doing an honest assessment, there's not many folk out there who have had a rougher past 4 years than this girl. She's been badly injured twice, her career ended by 25, daft decisions she's made in her past coming back to humiliate her publicly, been in a relationship with a horrible abusive c**t and perhaps understandably, turned to drink and drugs to block it out for a spell. 

It could be argued that most of the non-wrestling based issues were her own mistakes and whilst true enough, it's easy to forget she's made most of those at a point where she's in her very early 20s, still daft and living really far  away from home. 

My point being is that when you look at people and assess the shit they are going through, she's one of these people that, honestly, I believe people should really be a bit worried for and take a bit extra care of. She is on twitch, she's doing something not WWE endorsed? So fucking what?! She's had a lot taken from her, suffered a lot of online harassment and not been able to do what she loves anymore. It's as WWE as f**k to then take some tiny bit of someone's life that gives them a bit of solace, a bit of happiness and decide you're not wanting them to do it anymore, just because you might use them 3 or 4 months down the line for a one shot appearance or to be an ambassador for trading cards or a fucking mobile game. While I'm at it, it also definitely applies to folk like Cesaro, Lana, AJ Styles as well.

Vince McMahon genuinely believes that he and his company own the image and character rights to their wrestlers (they do) AND the individuals who portray them (they absolutely don't, in spite of what a loophole filled contract says) in spite of still laughably being termed legally as 'independent contractors'. 

I wish someone with the knowledge and the guts, someone with nothing to lose, would actually challenge both this nonsense about twitch/3rd party involvement and by extension, the definition of what an independent contractor is. Thry have had their cake and ate it, had the best of both worlds for nigh on 40 years now. It has to end. 

They all need to stop being such pussies and band together to get Vince told to f**k so far off.

Sadly they're all 'trained' and gaslighted to be shitebag company shills always scared for their jobs and always insecure. There will be plenty willing to absolutely sprint to Vince and grass folk up as soon as they hear even a whisper of any talk of folk standing up for themselves.

Someone needs to punch Vince squarely in his evil c**t puss and tell him to shut the f**k up.

They need to challenge this in court and challenge the independent contractor nonsense. They should demand that they be made employees and get full benefits. WWE are making record profits so they could easily afford it whilst still making huge profits.

But Vince McMahon is a horrible piece of shit and is driven only by his greed, despite having more money he and his family could ever need.

https://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news/paige-gets-upset-while-streaming-after-a-text-message-comes-in-possibly-from-wwe
Honestly, this sort of behaviour pisses me off so much and is just another reason to remind me why Vince McMahon is an evil, horrible old b*****d. 
I've certainly not always been a fan of Paige but if you're doing an honest assessment, there's not many folk out there who have had a rougher past 4 years than this girl. She's been badly injured twice, her career ended by 25, daft decisions she's made in her past coming back to humiliate her publicly, been in a relationship with a horrible abusive c**t and perhaps understandably, turned to drink and drugs to block it out for a spell. 
It could be argued that most of the non-wrestling based issues were her own mistakes and whilst true enough, it's easy to forget she's made most of those at a point where she's in her very early 20s, still daft and living really far  away from home. 
My point being is that when you look at people and assess the shit they are going through, she's one of these people that, honestly, I believe people should really be a bit worried for and take a bit extra care of. She is on twitch, she's doing something not WWE endorsed? So fucking what?! She's had a lot taken from her, suffered a lot of online harassment and not been able to do what she loves anymore. It's as WWE as f**k to then take some tiny bit of someone's life that gives them a bit of solace, a bit of happiness and decide you're not wanting them to do it anymore, just because you might use them 3 or 4 months down the line for a one shot appearance or to be an ambassador for trading cards or a fucking mobile game. While I'm at it, it also definitely applies to folk like Cesaro, Lana, AJ Styles as well.
Vince McMahon genuinely believes that he and his company own the image and character rights to their wrestlers (they do) AND the individuals who portray them (they absolutely don't, in spite of what a loophole filled contract says) in spite of still laughably being termed legally as 'independent contractors'. 
I wish someone with the knowledge and the guts, someone with nothing to lose, would actually challenge both this nonsense about twitch/3rd party involvement and by extension, the definition of what an independent contractor is. Thry have had their cake and ate it, had the best of both worlds for nigh on 40 years now. It has to end. 

Very good post. I agree on Paige she needs to be taken care off.

It’s clear that stars in the company have sufficient clout to push the Fed to treat its employees better and folk like Daniel Bryan and Sami Zayn especially are switched on enough to push for it but you see clips like Zayn approaching Vince after Clash of Champions or hear how Moxley spoke about Vince’s one to ones to realise the hold he has over the talent. It’s magnetic and unique. The infighting when he dies is going to be something else though.

• 2 weeks later...

Lefty conspiracy and current affairs podcast True Anon just did a big deep dive into a few of the major scandals of the WWE and Vince McMahon with David Bixenspan.

First 40 minutes are about a couple of abuse scandals in the early days of the WWF and the latter (about 44 minutes on) is more about McMahon and his weird mind.

Edited by NotThePars

I can't believe it's 15 years since Eddie died. Strangely it was the publicity around his death that got me back into wrestling. I had stopped watching at the end of 2001 and was pleasantly surprised to find out the WWE had been pushing guys like Eddie and Benoit in the meantime. I'll always have a soft spot for 2005-06 Smackdown with the likes of Simon Dean, MnM and Tatanka.

Andrew Yang once again tweeting about Vinnie Mac yesterday. I laughed it all off initially but people are speculating that there's a fair chance he'll have a prominent position on the Biden administration. I hope he does because hes going to tear that uberc#nt a new one in that case.

Edited by cb_diamond

Can't add a lot to what has already been said but f**k WWE for firing a wrestler for standing up for themselves and the collective interests of the whole roster when they have literal nonces and abusers on their payroll. 

I don't want to victim blame but if the guys in WWE don't stand up for themselves now and unionise or form some sort of collective bargaining position will they ever? 

I feel sorry for Vega but she was one of the best talkers in the company, and isn't a terrible wrestler, so I am sure she'll land on her feet. Apparently Black had asked to go back to NXT but his request was declined and there's a bit of tension there... Either way he's part of a long line of NXT call-ups they've fucked. 

They're conditioned to be scared for their jobs and to be simpering company men and women. Those who aren't are quickly punted. Even those who are will be punted if they don't fit. I recently read Justin Roberts' book. It's an illiterate mess but tells some good stories and absolutely reveals what a horrible, toxic working environment WWE is. Despite being bullied, gaslighted and having his passion for wrestling knocked out of him, he still thanks Vince McMahon and Kevin Dunn, who treated him abysmally. The conditioning goes deep.

They'll never stand up for themselves.

You can guarantee that there are certain folk on the roster who will absolutely sprint, full out, to Vince McMahon to grass in their colleagues (I'm looking at you Seth!) the millisecond they hear something about a union.

WWE is a cesspool. One of the refs is pretty much a nazi. They still employ Lars Sullivan. Loads of the roster are Trump voters. Vince McMahon himself is a horrendous piece of shit.

Edited by DA Baracus

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

They're conditioned to be scared for their jobs and to be simpering company men and women. Those who aren't are quickly punted. Even those who are will be punted if they don't fit. I recently read Justin Roberts' book. It's an illiterate mess but tells some good stories and absolutely reveals what a horrible, toxic working environment WWE is. Despite being bullied, gaslighted and having his passion for wrestling knocked out of him, he still thanks Vince McMahon and Kevin Dunn, who treated him abysmally. The conditioning goes deep.

They'll never stand up for themselves.

You can guarantee that there are certain folk on the roster who will absolutely sprint, full out, to Vince McMahon to grass in their colleagues (I'm looking at you Seth!) the millisecond they hear something about a union.

WWE is a cesspool. One of the refs is pretty much a nazi. They still employ Lars Sullivan. Loads of the roster are Trump voters. Vince McMahon himself is a horrendous piece of shit.

Which ref is that?