The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

41 minutes ago, forameus said:

Fairly enjoyable show that, nothing really jumping out as being bad, everything solid enough.  

Ladder match was fucking brutal.  Three guys going out to end their own careers for entertainment, and a fairly inventive ending too.  That fall Hardy took where he managed to take bumps off of most of the scenery and then get trapped inside a ladder looked utterly miserable to take.  Hats off to them.  Ambulance match was alright, but made McIntyre look a bit shit that there can be three people doing run-ins and he still only just wins.  Enjoyable enough though.

Reigns is just brilliant now.  He seems comfortable in what he's doing, rather than the forced gee whizz stuff they used to have him doing.  Would like to see him drop the Shield music so he can completely shed that side of things, but the change in gear is doing wonders when he stands there looking like a fucking adonis.  Ooft.  

xI'm getting that too.  Gone are the longing, hungry looks at Brock, now he does look like he's a bit submissive to him at times.  I expect at some point we might see a split, and maybe - if they're wanting big Brock back - that's going to be the way they go.  Paul on a Pole match.

For me though I just can't see it happening.  I just can't see this version meshing with Lesnar that well.  When Lesnar can be arsed he can put on a great show, but I just can't see them putting on a WWE-style match where Lesnar is a "face" against heel Roman.  If they just went out and had 20 minutes of leathering f**k out of each other though, and Lesnar brings it, could be persuaded otherwise.

Jeff had to go up a couple of gears after Matt's last PPV to prove he's still the mental one in the family

Watching the Joshi super show today. Every major joshi company bar TJPW and Gatoh Move/ChocoPro involved pretty much.

Meiko Satomura is in insane shape for a 40 year old.

Just watched Clash of Champions there and fair play was a decent show. The ladder match was the definite highlight and I was laughing at Sami Castro’s 5-D chess. The finish to Asuka and Zelina was unexpectedly decent, McIntyre - Orton was brutal enough and the main event. Ooft.

On 28/09/2020 at 19:24, Chicken Wing said:
On 28/09/2020 at 14:52, DA Baracus said:
They've finally got rid of Roman's stupid chest protector.

D'Lo Brown was asking for it back.

Wouldn't give it to him. He'd drop it. He drops everything...

10 hours ago, TheGoon said:

The stuff with WWE taking over talent’s Twitch accounts is pretty mad. Do they really need the money that much?

They made record profits this year, despite the COVID restrictions.

The wrestlers should be telling him to f**k so far off. 'Independent contractors'...

Over the weekend I saw that Impact is going to be on Freesports and their PPVs shown on Premier Sports. The reason i'm not including this in the TNA General thread was because Freesports had been the home of MLW.

MLW's reaction to the news was that they had left Freesports by mutual agreement and had signed a new deal that bring my eyes on MLW than before. They've ended up signing for something called 'The Sports Channel Network'. Which I have never heard of until now.

Kevin Pantoja of 411's reviews of NJPW shows featuring Will Opspreay are always worth it just for the unashamed seethe he gives him. Highlights of the G1 Climax night 17 review included:

"Does Okada get back to the finals for the first time since 2014? Does piece of trash Willy the Ospreay make his first?"

"Trash bag human being Will Ospreay is 0-4 against Okada. "

"Then, Bea Priestley showed up to add another despicable person to the show. NJPW is tone-deaf as hell."

"This company is legitimately doubling down, giving Ospreay 12 points, a win over Okada, bringing in his trash girlfriend, and possibly his own faction. f**k off."

😂😂

Edited by cb_diamond

23 hours ago, TheGoon said:

In a weird position of Osperay still being my favourite wrestler to watch by some distance, but not actually liking the guy at all.

Watching wrestling seems to often be about separating the performer and the human. So many absolute twats who can still go like the clappers between the ropes.