The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

Guest bernardblack
Posted this in the ICW thread by mistake but anyone else find that Adam Blampied a punchable wee dick? 
I vaguely remember him being accused of being a creep before I knew who he was but I've been watching some Whatculture, Wrestletalk & Cultaholic and it's some effort trying to find people you can actually tolerate. 
Other than Simon Miller. He's great.

I don’t mind him. The cultaholic team are top notch and kind of flourished without him

15 hours ago, Toma_BullyWee said:

Posted this in the ICW thread by mistake but anyone else find that Adam Blampied a punchable wee dick? 

I vaguely remember him being accused of being a creep before I knew who he was but I've been watching some Whatculture, Wrestletalk & Cultaholic and it's some effort trying to find people you can actually tolerate. 

Other than Simon Miller. He's great.

I like Blampied. 

Cultaholic are generally a decent bunch as well.

Blampied manipulated multiple women into sending him nudes and admitted as such, and this is a symptom of the illness that has been part of wrestling on both sides of the barrier.

He can get fucked, and so can WrestleTalk for using him after the fact. Although Alex Shane is there too, so no surprises I guess.

4 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

I like Blampied. 

Cultaholic are generally a decent bunch as well.

I can't go them. That Adam one who does that horrendously long and terribly not in any way amusing song before he goes into the main video does my nut in.  That fud that calls himself king something or other... I can't stand it. 

ANY fan with a gimmick is a riddy. See lion BO guy from ICW back in the day.

1 hour ago, Willow Rosenberg said:

Blampied manipulated multiple women into sending him nudes and admitted as such...

That's it. Read about it on Twitter long before I had any idea who he was. Seems dodgy that he's still about after that. 

Someone mentioned Whatculture being like the Sun or something. I don't watch a great deal of the stuff, just the odd recap because I have no interest in sitting through a 3 hour show (or PPV to be honest) but I do enjoy the odd list.

I find the Scottish boy unwatchable, Wilbourne makes me laugh on occasion but other than Simon I don't think I can honestly say I like any of them. It sounds daft, but I think if these videos weren't made by wrestling fans they would be so much better. 

Too many wrestling fans are just absolute zoomers  & that is the main reason I stopped going to shows. 

I had some whopper try to cut a promo on me when I was having a fag at an ICW show years ago, trying to "get over" because at the time I made a couple of daft wrestling videos with a pal. 

It was incredibly embarrassing just standing near him.

I can't go them. That Adam one who does that horrendously long and terribly not in any way amusing song before he goes into the main video does my nut in.  That fud that calls himself king something or other... I can't stand it. 

ANY fan with a gimmick is a riddy. See lion BO guy from ICW back in the day.

I'm the same.  When everyone + Blampied were at WhatCulture, they were somewhat enjoyable.  Well, the two Adams were, as they bounced off each other quite well.  Tolerated the others.  But I've never taken to Cultaholic at all (although to be fair I haven't really seen much of them since the early months, maybe they're better).  The whole move over from WC and the "name redacted" stuff was a bit cringe, and they came across as wee lads who felt themselves far more important than they were just because they worked at a company that seemed to not be the nicest.  But the early content was just a bit shit.  The Adam guy was nowhere near as good without his namesake, and it just showed how fucking awful the rest of them were.

But like I say, maybe they're better now.  I used to listen to the WhatCulture podcasts a fair bit as they were at least staying away from the clickbaity stuff that the website used, and the people involved weren't trying gimmicks (for the most part) but moved away from them too.  With certain exceptions, a lot of people covering wrestling are, well, a bit of a riddy.

EDIT: Not in the quotte above, but you mention the Scottish guy from WhatCulture.  He deserves special mention as he is utterly unwatchable.

That's it. Read about it on Twitter long before I had any idea who he was. Seems dodgy that he's still about after that. 

I felt a wee bit sorry for him initially, as although what he was doing obviously wasn't great, the firestorm around it was a bit much.  People way over-egged it.  Unfortunately for him, he bought in to it and took it to 11.  Shaving his head, writing maudlin articles imploring guys that "come on, we ALL need to do better".  f**k off.

Seems like he did have some issues which he's worked through, and to be fair to him he has tried to stay away largely from the youtube thing for a while.  No idea if his new ventures are any good.  Shame he ruined it for himself, as he was genuinely good at what he did back then.

3 hours ago, forameus said:

With certain exceptions, a lot of people covering wrestling are, well, a bit of a riddy.

I can't get past this bit. I mind being at a pals years ago and he was watching something with that king guy and I couldn't take him seriously.

Thing is these guys obviously love it and know what they are on about, but for the most part it's just highlighting wrestling fan stereotypes.

I just go back to Simon Miller and his ups and downs for roundups. He makes me laugh, his americanisms get on my tits a bit but he is engaging, funny and generally just seems like a nice guy that you could sit about and talk shite with.

Adam B - w**k, who only got into wresting to get on what culture I’m sure (nothing wrong with that but just felt worth saying when people are saying they are all fans)

Adam P - Harmless but boring

‘King’Ross - Absolute unfunny fat w**k, worst of them all. Honesty seems like a guy that would use the ‘do you know who I am’ seriously.

Jack - Harmless but also boring

Simon - Good guy, best of a bad bunch

Adam W - meh, needs to stop screeching shit.

Andy (Scottish guy) - horrendous patter/chat, awful laugh, big fucking lugs

All imo, have quite honestly stopped bothering with whatculture now not worth the timeand could never take to cultaholic.

I personally don't mind Andy at Whatculture even though I seem to be in the minority, Simon Miller obviously the best thing about the channel.  I can't stand that Gareth fella who has joined recently, his videos are actually unwatchable 

As for Cultaholic, I'll watch the occasional Pachetti video but that's about it and have no idea why anyone could find this King Ross character to be entertaining, just seems like a fat loud tosser.

10 hours ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Adam B - w**k, who only got into wresting to get on what culture I’m sure (nothing wrong with that but just felt worth saying when people are saying they are all fans)

Adam P - Harmless but boring

‘King’Ross - Absolute unfunny fat w**k, worst of them all. Honesty seems like a guy that would use the ‘do you know who I am’ seriously.

Jack - Harmless but also boring

Simon - Good guy, best of a bad bunch

Adam W - meh, needs to stop screeching shit.

Andy (Scottish guy) - horrendous patter/chat, awful laugh, big fucking lugs

All imo, have quite honestly stopped bothering with whatculture now not worth the timeand could never take to cultaholic.

I dunno, I got the feeling Blampied was quite a big fan of wresting, as he seems like a big fucking nerd anyway.  But wouldn't put it past him - he's charismatic and can do this kind of stuff pretty well, wouldn't be surprised if he spent a few days with the big book of "How to be a Mark" to get ready.

Agree with all the rest apart from Jack, who I put level with Ross.  The "king" gimmick was never, ever good, but at least that seemed like a solid enough gimmick to have.  Jack being an awkward loser grated far more than it should have.

4 hours ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

He’s the one that always wears a beanie hat to cover up his receding hairline (just embrace it fs) and had the face of a 12 year old.

Can't say I've come across him unless he's the "one per list" guy

Guest bernardblack
I suppose I'm the only one that likes Jack?

Huge fan of Jack. The podcast is a must watch/listen for me on a Saturday, with him Ross and Matthew.

Have I totally missed something on Blampied? I thought he was just messaging women and the worst bit was that he had a girlfriend at the time?

Sidebar - Payback is 7 days after Summerslam...expect summerslam to be a DQ fest

Guest bernardblack
He fucking admitted to getting women to send him nudes. What else do you want?

I was literally asking, as I didn’t think I had the full story.