The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

1 hour ago, CEMSFC said:

Sammy Guevara has been suspended until further notice by AEW

35 minutes ago, bernardblack said:

On zero pay too.

That will probably be the end of the matter.

He's apologised and talked to Sasha Banks about it (or rather, she talked to him).

In this case I genuinely do think it was just a guy being a twat and trying to be funny, and nothing malicious.

It is however unacceptable and it needed addressed as it's part of a bigger issue.

This is a complete lift from Reddit. Sums up Cornette's views on the whole thing. To be honest, I think people just want to pile on him at any opportunity as they listed to little bits here or there without listening to the full thing. Other than the fact he's got clear anger problems, I don't think he's any worse than 99% of the American wrestling industry.

Anyway here's the transcript fully lifted from Reddit:

Trying to summarize this as Im going through, about 20 minutes in

TLDR: Admits him and his wife are basically swingers/like to have fun with other couples, never used that as a way of pushing/denying a push to someone. And the angry messages from his wife were to someone that he says they buried that hatchet with.

• Says its his crowning acheivement that somehow he's still getting heat after 40 years

• Alludes to the fact that the original accuser might have pictures that were not meant for him or something along those lines, that he can use as another story if the Cornette one didn't pick up.

• Says that he wasn't in a creative position with OVW in 2017 when the accuser said these things happened.

-- at around this point Jim shuts off the gimmick for the most part and just gets serious and angry --

• Outright denies the accusation, says that he has never offered creative or preferential treatment for people engaging sexual acts with him or his wife.

• Further continues saying that he hasn't interacted with women in any rude manners that he's aware of (aside from telling them their wrestling is shit), same goes for men, never tried to trick a woman into sex, never raped anyone. Basically lists all the current accusations going on and says he never did any of it.

• Says he never sent rude texts/sexts or facebook messages because he doesn't text anyone, and same goes for facebook.

• Says that he's never cheated on his wife, because any time that has possibly been the case his wife has either known, or been there with him.

• Roughly dances around it, but says that anyone that has been involved with this has been consenting, and that he's being accused of having an interesting sex life once you remove the idea that he had no creative power in OVW.

• Says that as far as having a picture of his wife's ass, that they aren't hard to find, and he's got hundreds of them.

• Says that picture is only like a week old, so how are these messages old. But also says that the messages are pieces of some conversation that Stacey had where she "cut a promo" about a guy she had issues with.

• Says that the original guy who "Billings Guy" was speaking on behalf of might have had beef

• with them, but to his knowledge it was squashed. And says that he didn't have any issues he wanted to air publicly or privately.

• Also notes that original guy wasn't under any sort of contract that he could have had power over.

• About 5 minutes of him saying that the internet already hates him so any thing is going to be used like this.

• Says that the people who are going to just use the voice clips and not listen to him can go f**k themselves.

• Says that in the course of trying to remove bullying, assaulting and harrassment, they ended up targeting and bullying a "Middle Aged Housewife" who's been out of wrestling for 15 years. Says that they did this because they can't get him out the business.

• Says he sees people calling his wife all sorts of sluts and whores, shaming her weight etc.

• Proceeds to say that the people who are against bullying are using bullying his wife as an attempt to get him out of that business. Says that what types of messages Hana Kimura got, his wife must have got the same or worse. Including messages hoping that she would hurt herself to get even with Jim.

• Defends Bobby Fulton, saying that he's upset people went after him over accusations directed at him. And that bullying people in the guise of an anti-bullying movement is fucked up.

• Further says that people can't get to him and thats why they are going after Bobby and his wife.

• Says that the stuff against him detracts against legit predators, and that the only thing he's guilty of is "having a little private fun on weekends, and cutting a promo against people he/she's mad at"

• Re-iterates some previous points about how twitter mobs go on crusades and harass people, also mentions that some of the people that were saying "wrestling has changed" to him are some of the same people being exposed as actual predators.

• Says that most of the people he has his "fun" with aren't involved in wrestling for obvious reasons.

• One last denial, and they sign off 

Terri Runnels accusing Brock Lesnar of sexual harassment:

http://womenspw.com/wwe-legend-terri-runnels-accuses-brock-lesnar-of-sexual-harassment-reveals-why-she-has-no-respect-for-him-or-sable/

ETA: Brock did something that if it was in today’s day and time… You know, he showed his penis to me and called my name as I was walking past where he was in the dressing room and opened his towel so I could see his manly bits.

Edited by Ludo*1

Guest bernardblack

Hangman Page has deleted his Twitter. Hopefully it’s just because he’s had enough of it like the Bucks of Youth

Few people at WWE’s tapings have tested positive for COVID-19, including in ring talemt, fans once again banned from ringside. 

Jon Moxley & QT Marshall off of tonight’s Dynamite after coming into contact with people with the virus. 

I’m surprised it took this long for things to go tits up.

Few people at WWE’s tapings have tested positive for COVID-19, including in ring talemt, fans once again banned from ringside. 
Jon Moxley & QT Marshall off of tonight’s Dynamite after coming into contact with people with the virus. 

What’s the bets that Vince is trying to move production to the UK temporarily?

10 hours ago, TheGoon said:

Turns out the person Moxley was in contact with is Renee.

I know Vince has been up to some shit in his time, but trying to take out rival companies via germ warfare is a bit far.

Guest bernardblack
Never mind that The Naitch was at Raw as well - for a guy with his recent medical history he should be nowhere near the WWE PC

Agreed. It’s horrendously irresponsible having him around given his previous health conditions/age/lack of testing.

A lot of rumours flying round that Dream will get his contract terminated with immediate effect either today or tomorrow. Nothing to confirm this as of yet.

10 minutes ago, cb_diamond said:

Low Ki being a difficult twat? Hard to imagine? Haha

Indeed! Enjoyed the numerous comments pointing out to him that he's wrestled masked wrestlers loads of time and asking if he genuinely believed they were about to pass out all the time.

32 minutes ago, cb_diamond said:

My god, Austin Aries is an unbelievablely stupid wee man!

He manages fo have the worst takes on just about everything, it’s incredible.