The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

11 hours ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

Just think how big Austin could have been if they went with the Chilly McFreeze gimmick instead of Stone Cold?

Imagine if the presentation was exactly the same. The ring gear, the in ring style, the music etc, but he's called Chilly McFreeze. 

The guy who suggested that should have been fired on the spot. That list was ridiculous.

36 minutes ago, cb_diamond said:

Wonders why people are mad at Mikey Whiplash on twitter...

...Checks twitter...

...quickly closes twitter....

Jesus...

I like Whippy as a wrestler and promoter, and he (normally) comes across as an intelligent guy but... fucking hell that is BAD. 

4 minutes ago, airdrieman said:

I like Whippy as a wrestler and promoter, and he (normally) comes across as an intelligent guy but... fucking hell that is BAD. 

Yeah, I agree, clearly not in a good place judging by his follow up messages. Hope he takes a step back from it as the twitter hate crew will be out for him. Very ill judged comments from him. 

On 11/06/2020 at 23:52, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

I'm a big fan of these Twitter accounts posting the best of Mongo and Sid.

https://twitter.com/ThatsOurMongo

https://twitter.com/MyBuddySid

On 13/06/2020 at 17:42, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

There's now a Meng/Haku tribute account.

Of course pepper spray has zero effect on him.

12 hours ago, diamond_for_life said:

What has Whiplash done? Couldn’t see the original tweets

The basics are that himself and Nathan Cruz got riled up by more or less nothing from that annoying "mad kurt" account, the guy posts an innocuous reply to them (literally saying "yes" to a tweet from whiplash asking if he was considered old) and Whippy goes right off on one pointing out among other things that he was the main demographic for male suicide and then (although not directly naming Hana the allusion is there) transitions into recent trolling and it's consequences. Wrestling twitter then jumps on him for his wild overreaction and he responds with a massive post about his mental health. Not a great situation.

Edit to add: found tweets

Screenshot_20200617-092505~2.png

Edited by cb_diamond

13 hours ago, TheGoon said:

David Starr won’t be getting booked anywhere for a while. 

I know wrestling has always been a shitty industry full of abusers, sex pests, racists, far right thugs and exploitative working practices, and so to watch wrestling we've had to excuse all of that to a certain extent, but I am really scunnered with all that has came out yesterday and over recent times. 

The industry HAS to change. It has to unionise (I hope Starr's links to that cause don't prevent that from happening); victims who come forward have to be supported by fans, other talent and promoters and the industry as a whole; a proper black list of abusive wrestlers, talent and promoters has to be created and if any black listed talented are booked on a show that show should be boycotted; and promoters need to create and implement proper safeguarding procedures that includes banning known creeps from attending shows. Ultimately, the culture of 'the boys' has to die and that includes things like abusive and out-dated training practices and 'paying your dues'. It's a toxic industry but there are good people in wrestling and I really hope we can see the progressive and long overdue change the industry desperately needs. 

3 hours ago, airdrieman said:

I know wrestling has always been a shitty industry full of abusers, sex pests, racists, far right thugs and exploitative working practices, and so to watch wrestling we've had to excuse all of that to a certain extent, but I am really scunnered with all that has came out yesterday and over recent times. 

The industry HAS to change. It has to unionise (I hope Starr's links to that cause don't prevent that from happening); victims who come forward have to be supported by fans, other talent and promoters and the industry as a whole; a proper black list of abusive wrestlers, talent and promoters has to be created and if any black listed talented are booked on a show that show should be boycotted; and promoters need to create and implement proper safeguarding procedures that includes banning known creeps from attending shows. Ultimately, the culture of 'the boys' has to die and that includes things like abusive and out-dated training practices and 'paying your dues'. It's a toxic industry but there are good people in wrestling and I really hope we can see the progressive and long overdue change the industry desperately needs. 

Good post alert!

46 minutes ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

Another bad day for Whiplash.

Eazrb32WoAEMREJ?format=jpg&name=medium

Jesus wept! That's awful.

Just been on twitter and it's d-day for wrestling perverts. People getting called out left, right and centre! Mainly all indie workers but I get the feeling this is just the ball getting rolling. There's apparently a list of around 30 names of sex pests doing the rounds.