The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

Watching when Finkel introduced Punk and got a 'moment' from the crowd. Michael Cole and Jerry Lawler shitting all over him and undoubtedly ruining a poignant moment for a man that never really had any. Horrific to watch as you see how much it means to Fink to get some deserved adulation.

47 minutes ago, FifeArab said:

Never have liked Lawler and never will. Unfunny c**t.

Total nonce as well. 

To be fair I liked his nonsense when I was in school, but then I was probably the market he was speaking to. Plus I never knew about what a massive sex offender he was then.

He really is dreadful. He's dated as f**k as well and adds nothing. He needs to be punted before he gets himself fired for making a racist or sexist comment (again).

Lawler's been weird lately.  He was doing his usual tired routine, but a few months ago he just stopped.  Was like he'd gone to the vets and got snipped, just smiling a slightly open-mouthed smile into the camera and offering very little of substance, but admittedly not saying much of his offensive stuff.

Last few weeks it seems to have worn off, he's starting to offer a few of his cringey lines.  Can only assume they still pop Vince, as he seems to be a bit of a liability to have around in the current era.  

31 minutes ago, forameus said:

Lawler's been weird lately.  He was doing his usual tired routine, but a few months ago he just stopped.  Was like he'd gone to the vets and got snipped, just smiling a slightly open-mouthed smile into the camera and offering very little of substance, but admittedly not saying much of his offensive stuff.

Last few weeks it seems to have worn off, he's starting to offer a few of his cringey lines.  Can only assume they still pop Vince, as he seems to be a bit of a liability to have around in the current era.  

This is the key point. At times you hear Lawler say things and it sounds like even he feels it's unnecessary, and he's going through the motions.

As Jericho often says, everything you do in that company is aimed at popping one man only.

A: Sexy Boy

B: UE, Shock The System

C: nWO

😧 Regal, Real Man's Man

E: Eddie, Lie Cheat Steal

F: Bobby Roode, Glorious

G: Hulk Hogan, Real American

H: Edge, Metalingus

Some hard calls, with D being a tough choice but F being the hardest!

52 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

A: Sexy Boy

B: UE, Shock The System

C: nWO

😧 Regal, Real Man's Man

E: Eddie, Lie Cheat Steal

F: Bobby Roode, Glorious

G: Hulk Hogan, Real American

H: Edge, Metalingus

Some hard calls, with D being a tough choice but F being the hardest!

I can see a Punk vs Nakamura or Roode final...

Tough one with any of Group F beating all of B and E but here is my personal opinion:

Group A                                                     Group B                                              Group C                                              Group D

1 Sexy Boy                                               1 Lovefurypassionenergy           1 Rockhouse                                    1 Cult Of Personality

2 Rest in Peace                                     2 All The Things She Said            2 No Chance In Hell                      2 I Wont Do What You Tell Me

3 Some Bodies Gunna Get It           3 Shock The System                      3 Are You Ready?                          3 Real Mans Man

4 I'm Back                                                4 Broken Dreams                            4 My Time                                          4 Word Life

Group E                                                    Group F                                            Group G                                                 Group H

1 I Walk Alone                                       1 The Rising Sun                           1 Real American                                1 Metalingus

2 Slow Chemical                                  2 Medal                                             2 Here Comes The Money             2 Line In The Sand

3 Just Close Your Eyes                      3 Glorious                                        3 Burn In My Light                              3 Skys The Limit

4 Lie Cheat Steal                                 4 Electrifying                                  4 Blood                                                    4 619

Last 16

Sexy Boy Vs All The Things She Said 

No Chance In Hell Vs Cult Of Personality

Rest In Peace Vs Lovefurypassionenergy

Rockhouse Vs I Wont Do What You Tell Me

I Walk Alone Vs The Rising Sun

Here Comes The Money Vs Metalingus

Slow Chemical Vs Medal

Real American Vs Line In The Sand

QF

Sexy Boy Vs I Wont Do What You Tell Me

Rest In Peace Vs Cult Of Personality

The Rising Sun Vs Real American

Medal Vs Metalingus

SF

Sexy Boy Vs Cult Of Personality

The Rising Sun Vs Metalingus

3rd Place

Cult Of Personality Vs The Rising Sun

Final

Sexy Boy Vs Metalingus

Guest bernardblack
So, Gronk is re-joining the NFL to link up with Brady provided the trade gets done. What a colossal waste of time that was.

Didn’t even drop the title before going. Doesn’t respect the biz

11 hours ago, TheGoon said:

So, Gronk is re-joining the NFL to link up with Brady provided the trade gets done. What a colossal waste of money that was.

FTFY. His fee could probably have paid for many of the fired staff 

11 hours ago, bernardblack said:

Didn’t even drop the title before going. Doesn’t respect the biz

He was fearing a screwjob. He refused to drop the title to Mojo*.

*Not really. I've just made that up.

A. HBK 

B. Not fussed so take your pick. 

C. I actually liked that Triple H theme. 

D. William Regal it has to be 

E. Christian (Eddie will win though) 

F. Kurt Angle (although Glorious is superb)

G. Hulk Hogan (Randy’s theme in this should be voices) 

H. Edge without a doubt. 

Edited by diamond_for_life

A- Sexy Boy. It's such a classic, although I'm Back is also great.

B- Broken Dreams. Shite group, it's like seeing Peru, Norway, Iran and Egypt drawn together at the World Cup. 

C- No Chance in Hell. This is the group of death! Argentina, Germany, Nigeria and Mexico. Or whatever. 

D- Cult of Personality.

E- Just Close Your Eyes

F- Medal

G- Real American, just for the longer nostalgic feel than Blood- a head nodder if ever there was. 

H- Metalingus. Easy winner there. 

9 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

The lack of Pomp and Circumstance in any of the groups renders the whole thing invalid IMO

There are many glaring omissions!

Perhaps we should run our own...