The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

Just now, Ludo*1 said:

It's some of the nonsense he calls out and rails against that's killed the business.

I agree, but he can also be a bit "I don't like it so no-one should" with stuff that is clearly over with the fans.

As I said earlier though, any time he mentions Russo, it's a must listen

4 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

I agree, but he can also be a bit "I don't like it so no-one should" with stuff that is clearly over with the fans.

As I said earlier though, any time he mentions Russo, it's a must listen

Aw definitely - he goes towards the absolute outrageous as it keeps him relevant and brings in the money!

7 minutes ago, cb_diamond said:

Just came in to post that. AEW straight away or NJPW for a stint first?

I'd love them to go to NJPW. They are badly crying out for new teams. 

AEW roster is pretty large now with a lot of teams. However tag team wrestling gets significant time on their shows. Probably the best destination for them and if they're looking to get started relatively soon AEW are probably the company to facilitate that given everything that's going on.

I’m not a big fan. Enjoyed their stuff on the early NXT Takeovers years ago but have always considered them a bit overrated. A good pickup for either AEW or NJPW though, would love to see them against The Bucks. 

I didn’t pay that much attention to them but I didn’t think they were as great as they thought, they seemed to be offered big contracts and title wins yet kept complaining?

I dare say it'll come down to the thing you hear Moxley, Jericho, Hardy, and Brodie Lee saying, and that's having the space to be creative.  

I loved them on NXT but they were so wasted on the main shows.

They worked a dark match at London O2 the night The Fiend was officially unveiled, which I was at, and they were great (imho).

15 hours ago, Chicken Wing said:
21 hours ago, 8MileBU said:
^^^Stinkyboz

Not the first time he's been called that. The type of character that wipes back to front.

21 hours ago, 8MileBU said:

^^^Stinkyboz

LIES. I regularly bird-bath.

WWE now plan on just going live with RAW, NXT & SD every week from the PC, apparently a call made by Vince himself. If there was ever a time for a wrestler’s union, it’s now.

I seen this and tbf to Vince the contracts with USA and Fox apparently dictate they have to get 46 LIVE shows per year and he probably doesn’t want to risk breaching that. Although you would think they would just be able to overlook that just now given even pre-recorded shows give them some sort of original content in the current climate.