The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

Martin Kirby has retired from wrestling. Has been in pretty much every known UK promotion over the last 15 years or so, and was outstanding. Remember seeing him and Kris Travis wrestle El Ligero and PAC in Largs which is definitely one of the best matches I've seen live from Scottish promotion.

He actually did full tours with Dragon Gate recently as well. Pretty well regarded and will be a loss.

With Big Show's god awful looking Netflix series premise being about the erm, Big Show, a recently retired wrestler coping with family life, is he in fact, retired?

He was well past it, but with the effort he put into getting into some awesome shape I thought they'd give him something to bow out with (He looks to have piled the pounds back on tbf) bit shit not to do so.

6 hours ago, YER SISTERS YER MAW said:

Just watched both parts of the Benoit documentary on Dark Side of the Ring. It's a hard watch. emoji17.png

Grim as anything. Can’t fathom valls for him being in the HOF after it 

After cutting a brilliant promo on Vanguard 1 earlier in the week, Chris Jericho has now cut one on his robot hoover, accusing it of being in league with Vanguard 1.

Also he's doing a live Facebook stream tonight, although it's 1am our time.

Guest bernardblack

I’m trying to squeeze in every mania before Saturday and it’s brilliant watching the really early ones before my time.

Did every Andre match have a spot we’re he got caught in the ropes?

10 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

This week's Dark Side of the Ring is New Jack, who is absolutely sane and a decent human being :wacko:

Every time New Jack ever tells a story or usually starts with him saying "well I was a little bit high" 😂