The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

• 2 weeks later...

Checked out a few matches over the past couple of nights. Pretty great stuff. Could do without every main event going at least half an hour though. Feel like it hurt that Naito vs KENTA match. Although, I haven't really been that into KENTA's work since the G1.

Shingo Takagi vs Hirooki Goto - NJPW The New Beginning In Sapporo 2020 - Tag 1. ****1/4
Zack Sabre Jr. vs Will Ospreay - NJPW The New Beginning In Sapporo 2020 - Tag 2. ****1/2
Los Ingobernables de Japon vs CHAOS - NJPW Road To The New Beginning 2020 - Tag 7. ****1/4
Hiromu Takahashi vs Ryu Lee - NJPW The New Beginning In Osaka 2020. ****1/2
Jon Moxley vs Minoru Suzuki - NJPW The New Beginning In Osaka 2020. ****1/4
Tetsuya Naito vs KENTA - NJPW The New Beginning In Osaka 2020. ***1/2

The Bella Twins & Jushin Liger rumoured for the HOF this year. Both deserve it. It might feel a bit soon for the Bellas, but they’re both retired, and they’ve put in the likes of Phoenix quite early on in the past. 

32 minutes ago, TheGoon said:

The Bella Twins & Jushin Liger rumoured for the HOF this year. Both deserve it. It might feel a bit soon for the Bellas, but they’re both retired, and they’ve put in the likes of Phoenix quite early on in the past. 

Thought they might have saved the Bella Twins for Hollywood next year. But if they're scraping the barrel again trying to find women for it, then I guess it makes sense to happen now.

In other news The Phenom vs The Phenomenal at Mania??? 😲

The S*n reporting that WWE are In talks to bring a major PPV to the UK.

The headline says Wrestlemania but it’s not gonna be that let’s be honest.

The millennium stadium In Cardiff got 78000 for the AJ fight. It has a roof so any PPV would work, maybe Summerslam?

52 minutes ago, FifeArab said:

The S*n reporting that WWE are In talks to bring a major PPV to the UK.

The headline says Wrestlemania but it’s not gonna be that let’s be honest.

The millennium stadium In Cardiff got 78000 for the AJ fight. It has a roof so any PPV would work, maybe Summerslam?

We'll end up with Great Balls of Fire at Bloomfield Road or something

If it's a "big" PPV, as in what WWE consider big, then I can only really see Summerslam.  Royal Rumble and Survivor Series are out unless you're willing to hold it indoors, and I just can't see them doing Wrestlemania over here (and you're still going to worry about the weather in early April.

I always thought they'd bring Summerslam to Wembley in 2022.  They can harp on about it being an anniversary, and probably completely miss the fact that it's a completely new stadium.  Other than that I'd pick up one of the more attractive secondary shows and give it a trial run.  The O2 got 17k for a RAW taping, and that seems to be the sort of venue and attendance they look for for a minor PPV.  Unless they decide to flex their muscles and put something like Money in the Bank in a stadium just to show how popular they are.

5 minutes ago, forameus said:

Unless they decide to flex their muscles and put something like Money in the Bank in a stadium just to show how popular they are.

Considering the amount of fans across Europe who would be willing to travel to the UK for a big show that's a right good shout.

Millenium Stadium has a roof and can easily shut off top tier to fans and still make it look like a full house

4 hours ago, We Are Pars Fans! said:

A season on 4 on demand about wrestling. Documentaries on bruiser brody death, Montreal screwjob, macho man n a few others. Looks decent. Think it’s called Dark side of the ring

If it’s the Vice series, it’s pretty good. 
Cornette does a lot of the talking head stuff, and IIRC Dutch does the narrations?