The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

Tomorrow I've got a long WK binge ahead of me. So thought I'd just get my top 10 2019 matches out of the way before I start my 2020 matches.

1. Will Ospreay vs Shingo Takagi - NJPW Best of the Super Juniors XXVI - Day 15.
2. WALTER (c) vs. Tyler Bate - WWE NXT UK TakeOver: Cardiff.
3. Shingo Takagi vs Tomohiro Ishii - NJPW G1 Climax 2019 - Tag 16.
4. Cody vs Dustin Rhodes - AEW Double or Nothing.
5. Adam Cole vs Johnny Gargano -  NXT Takeover: XXV.
6. Kota Ibushi vs Kazuchika Okada  - NJPW G1 Climax 2019 - Tag 17.
7. Will Ospreay vs Bandido - NJPW Best of the Super Juniors XXVI - Day 8.
8. Kota Ibushi (c) vs Tetsuya Naito - NJPW Dominion 6.9 In Osaka-Jo Hall.
9. Dragon Lee (c) vs Will Ospreay - NJPW Dominion 6.9 In Osaka-Jo Hall.
10. Shingo Takagi vs Dragon Lee - NJPW Best of the Super Juniors XXVI - Day 8.

Twitter spoiled the main event of WK for me as the two boys I was gonna watch it with are both working this weekend and want to get drunk and watch it next weekend.

A really good weekend of wrestling. Kazuchika Okada is definitely a GOAT shout. His standard over the last 10 or so years is probably only matched for consistency by the AJPW guys of the late 80s to mid 2000s when they moved to Pro Wrestling NOAH.

30 minutes ago, Andrew Wells said:

A really good weekend of wrestling. Kazuchika Okada is definitely a GOAT shout. His standard over the last 10 or so years is probably only matched for consistency by the AJPW guys of the late 80s to mid 2000s when they moved to Pro Wrestling NOAH.

Okada is now at the point where he doesn't need the belt. He's the best and most consistent wrestler NJPW have had since the days of Tanahashi single-handedly keeping the company on its feet.

Tomorrow I've got a long WK binge ahead of me. So thought I'd just get my top 10 2019 matches out of the way before I start my 2020 matches.
1. Will Ospreay vs Shingo Takagi - NJPW Best of the Super Juniors XXVI - Day 15.
2. WALTER © vs. Tyler Bate - WWE NXT UK TakeOver: Cardiff.
3. Shingo Takagi vs Tomohiro Ishii - NJPW G1 Climax 2019 - Tag 16.
4. Cody vs Dustin Rhodes - AEW Double or Nothing.
5. Adam Cole vs Johnny Gargano -  NXT Takeover: XXV.
6. Kota Ibushi vs Kazuchika Okada  - NJPW G1 Climax 2019 - Tag 17.
7. Will Ospreay vs Bandido - NJPW Best of the Super Juniors XXVI - Day 8.
8. Kota Ibushi © vs Tetsuya Naito - NJPW Dominion 6.9 In Osaka-Jo Hall.
9. Dragon Lee © vs Will Ospreay - NJPW Dominion 6.9 In Osaka-Jo Hall.
10. Shingo Takagi vs Dragon Lee - NJPW Best of the Super Juniors XXVI - Day 8.

Cole v Gargano Is one of the best WWE matches I’ve ever seen. Incredible.

Tessa Blanchard getting some shit on Twitter right now from Chelsea Green, La Black Rose and the current NWA women's champion for being a racist bully.

I really liked Tessa up to this point (according to reports the accusations go back to 2017, but I'd never heard of them). Shame if they are true as she's great in ring.

It was swept under the carpet in 2017, according to some.

Multiple wrestlers across various promotions coming out about this now. Bad day to be Tessa.

HHH taking abuse for 'taking piss out of Paige's sexual history'.

Load of shite to be fair. He's made an honest arse of it.

He started by saying that protecting health of performers is paramount and backs that up by stating that 'Edge has kids' and he seemed like he was going to say that Paige would want kids one day...but clearly realises that saying such a thing would be a misstep (as she has publicly confirmed she had to have an operation at 20 that rendered her infertile - she also has a massive scar on her belt line which indicated a hysterectomy) so salvages what he can with a daft surreal joke.

Edited by djchapsticks

22 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

HHH taking abuse for 'taking piss out of Paige's sexual history'.

Load of shite to be fair. He's made an honest arse of it.

He started by saying that protecting health of performers is paramount and backs that up by stating that 'Edge has kids' and he seemed like he was going to say that Paige would want kids one day...but clearly realises that saying such a thing would be a misstep (as she has publicly confirmed she had to have an operation at 20 that rendered her infertile - she also has a massive scar on her belt line which indicated a hysterectomy) so salvages what he can with a daft surreal joke.

He better watch out, her man has a history of organising fights where people get shot