The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

• 2 weeks later...
On 30/09/2019 at 14:42, FairWeatherFan said:

Starting next Tuesday NWA will be streaming their new show every Tuesday on Youtube and Facebook at 23:05 UK Time. They've got tapings today and tomorrow so it'll be interesting to see how they stretch them out before announcing new tapings.

They're also doing another PPV on December 14th from Atlanta.

I know I'm late to the party with this, but the first episode of Power is fantastic.

They seem to have a nice mix of known names plus solid indy veterans. The presentation is excellent as well.

Hopefully they can sign up a few guys from the Southpaw territory.

Guest bernardblack
Jeff Hardy arrested for DWI/DUI again. Man needs some serious help. One of these days he's going to hurt himself or even worse, somebody else.

It’s a bit public now with both Mrs Hardy’s going at it on Twitter.

I find Mike Bennett an absolute attention seeking pain in the arse. He's the worst example of someone who cleans himself up (good for him btw) but then just becomes a preachy, whiny, look at me douchebag. Constant attention craving is boring. He's also much more mediocre in the ring than he thinks he is.

46 minutes ago, dumpweed said:

Bischoff to aew?

hope not!

Can't see it.  The accusation labelled by many from his time in WCW and this run in WWE is that he is a bit lazy at times.  

I enjoy his podcasts a little bit but probably my least favourite of all the Conrad podcasts.  Bischoff takes himself a bit too seriously.

I don't see AEW going for Bischoff either. At least not in any major creative role.

Mike Bennett... a solid hand and no more than that. He wasn't any more than that in ROH either, and will be no more than that the next place he goes either. I reckon if you stick him with a good partner, he'd make a real good addition to the NJPW tag division.

2 hours ago, Dindeleux said:

Can't see it.  The accusation labelled by many from his time in WCW and this run in WWE is that he is a bit lazy at times.  

I enjoy his podcasts a little bit but probably my least favourite of all the Conrad podcasts.  Bischoff takes himself a bit too seriously.

He's second to Prichard for me. JR is alright, but there's something off putting with the voice of my childhood suddenly becoming very outspoken when he's toed the company line for pretty much the majority of my lifetime.

None of the topics that have been covered by Arn are of any interest as of yet and by and large, I associate him to a larger degree with 80s wrestling which I'm not as interested in.

Finally, TS seems to have a focus on watch a longs.

Only follow WWE now through WON/F4W now, drove me off years ago and kinda killed the love I had for wrestling since I was a kid. Recently getting back into it, started off with watching bits of Impact, and now am watching AEW and NWA Powerrr (which is great and free on YouTube, a real throwback to classic wrestling).