The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

This just shows that they obviously see AEW as a threat and know that their product is outdated. They have amazing talent but just need to show it in the ring. Not a 20 minute scripted promo. Maybe Heyman will try and reduce scripted promos because there is no better person in the wrestling industry who does a better promo than him. Bischoff in charge is interesting and a little shocking but if it’s the WCW Bischoff then we’re in a for a treat. Big moves by WWE.

Only bad thing is no matter who is in charge everything has to go through Vince.

Kinda goes in line with Vince apparently not having much trust in his own decision making anymore. So I think they'll have the chance to basically run the ship. I'm more intrigued than optimistic, and people are reading too much into reporting to Vince, given that absolutely everyone in WWE reports to him.

Guest bernardblack

Let’s be honest, it all goes through Vince and they’ll both lose the tag at that and be gone within 6mths

*rag not tag. Please neither of them in a tag match!

3 minutes ago, TheGoon said:

Why was HHH totally bypassed? 

They've always said that once Vince passes, the role he occupied will be taken on by 6-7 people. Triple H has loads going on with being the 'Vince' of NXT, an occasional performer and still the COO.

On 09/06/2019 at 21:59, Principal Flutie said:

If they upload a show a month, I might even pay that. Women's wrestling in the UK as a big thing is still in it's infancy. I won't support it if it's shit of course, but I've seen enough to kinda know that it's not and I want to support it.

Gisele Shaw looked like a fucking star, and shouldn't have been in a piss break match, but it is what it is. Women shouldn't have been on the weekend at all given that all they would have been was a novelty. It's going back to the days of old on shows like that. Not that I'd complain about the DTTI weekend which was a fucking blast, but the use of a women's match on night one is a complaint I'd use. If Takahashi especially is on the show, I'll mark like f**k.

What did you make of the show?

I'm cautiously optimistic about the appointments of Heyman and Bischoff. Heyman is still one of the best minds in the business and Bischoff has spoken well about the problems with the current TV product. It's good they're viewing AEW as competition at least and that they're obviously attempting to up their gain. In that vein I see WWE are going to stream Evolve's 10 year anniversary show on the network the same night as Fight for the Fallen. 

16 hours ago, airdrieman said:

What did you make of the show?

Pretty good. Kinda cemented previous thoughts that they're great shows to go see. Also cemented that I ain't shelling out monthly.

The Shed is a tremendous venue. Great atmosphere. Whoever came up with that one deserves credit.

Wouldn't bother with any of ROH Best in the World. The most bang average show. Won't be featuring any of it on my weekly ratings. Pretty much everything is either **1/2 or **3/4. The main event had potential but it only got 9 minutes....

If you name your PPV like that you have to deliver and they certainly did not.

Will Ospreay just putting on MOTY at a house show with Robbie Eagles. Eagles skelping ELP was very pleasing. 

However I was really enjoying ELP vs Rocky Romero until the stream suddenly caught off, so didn't get to see the finish. The last thing I saw was Rocky hitting a tombstone destroyer (have I just made that up?) it was something like that anyway.

Championship matches where the champions were in no danger of losing and the usual tag matches they do pretty much every card. A handful of locals added in to the mix. Definite house show no matter how they try and market it, not that that's a bad thing at all btw.

WWE are looking for a UK partner to show a highlights package on Terrestrial TV when it finishes on Sky, to compliment their live BT Sport deal.
An hour long show with 40 minutes of adverts and the other 20 roman reigns cutting a promo?