The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

31 minutes ago, JamieStevenson said:

Ibushi vs Naito will be the final. Naito will go on to face Okada and fail in his attempt to become double champ.

Nah I think the next Naito push has to be successful, they’ve already done that 

10 minutes ago, Christophe said:

Nah I think the next Naito push has to be successful, they’ve already done that 

Yeah fair enough. The final block match is White vs Naito so can only assume it'll be between them. There doesn't scream a decider match on A block's final night so will assume someone will have dominated it by then.

15 minutes ago, JamieStevenson said:

Yeah fair enough. The final block match is White vs Naito so can only assume it'll be between them. There doesn't scream a decider match on A block's final night so will assume someone will have dominated it by then.

Okada vs Ibushi potentially, although I suspect Tanahashi will be in the running until the final night also

Dipping back into the War of the Worlds stuff that I missed last month cos of BOSJ saturation....Night 1 has LIJ vs Lifeblood and Villain Enterprises vs Cobb, Kojima and Nagata that are both well worth catching up on if anyone is looking for good matches to watch. 

I'm no ZSJ fan by any means but I cba watching 9 YOSHI-HASHI matches in the G1. Judging by Twitter reactions to this match announcement a lot of people are not happy with him potentially taking the spot. If it was just the G1 stip I'd have it a 50/50 match, but seeing as the title is on the line as well probably a 90/10 ZSJ thankfully. I will probably watch these 2 matches though, happening on Tuesday. 

image.png.e3033f96255120b9c013df420a82b61e.png

Other than watching my usual Raw & SD, I've only watched 2 other matches this week which is a bit disappointing. Not an awful lot going on since my last match ratings.

Edited by JamieStevenson

8 hours ago, JamieStevenson said:

I'm no ZSJ fan by any means but I cba watching 9 YOSHI-HASHI matches in the G1. Judging by Twitter reactions to this match announcement a lot of people are not happy with him potentially taking the spot. If it was just the G1 stip I'd have it a 50/50 match, but seeing as the title is on the line as well probably a 90/10 ZSJ thankfully. I will probably watch these 2 matches though, happening on Tuesday. 

image.png.e3033f96255120b9c013df420a82b61e.png

Other than watching my usual Raw & SD, I've only watched 2 other matches this week which is a bit disappointing. Not an awful lot going on since my last match ratings.

There’s absolutely zero chance Zack loses his spot to Y-H, not happening. It’s a tune-in gimmick and also potentially a storyline vehicle to give Suzuki a similar “get-in” match

Nothing to rave about over the past week. I'm crying out for some great women's wrestling but have barely come across any. The Mizuki vs Nakajima match is probably my 2nd favourite women's match of the year so far.

Roppongi 3K (SHO & YOH) (c) vs. BULLET CLUB (El Phantasmo & Taiji Ishimori) - NJPW Kizuna Road 2019 - Tag 3. ****
Arisa Hoshiki (c) vs Tam Nakano - Stardom Shining Destiny 2019. ***1/2
Yuka Sakazaki vs Miu Watanabe - TJP Tokyo Princess Cup 2019 - Tag 4. ***
Mizuki vs Shoko Nakajima - TJP Tokyo Princess Cup 2019 - Tag 4. ***3/4

Plenty to come this week though. I'll be watching the recommended matches from Stomping Grounds, the title matches NJPW are showing, some of ROH Best in the World & Fyter Fest as well.

I see Will Ospreay and Seth Rollins have got "beef" on Twitter that has drawn in other wrestlers, and predictably thousands of fan voices.  Am I the only one completely unmoved by one wrestler, likely posting largely in character comments on another wrestler, also likely posting largely in character?  Looks like Meltzer and Wade Keller are jumping in too.  

Although I learned that Ospreay is "a rape apologist".  Which was nice.