The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

On 03/06/2019 at 19:58, JamieStevenson said:

Tough one. Undefeated Shingo really should win. However there's no chance that he's a junior and NJPW are obsessed with Ospreay. 

Shingo is gonna win, win the belt, and lose the belt to SHO at the Dome.

37 minutes ago, Principal Flutie said:

Shingo is gonna win, win the belt, and lose the belt to SHO at the Dome.

I'd be very happy with that. I'm looking forward to the show tomorrow. Not sure if I'll watch all of it given the majority of the show is just thrown together tag matches but a few of them look fun.

Amazing, amazing amazing!

Past couple of shows I've taken in these matches:

Will Ospreay vs Ryusuke Taguchi - NJPW Best of the Super Juniors XXVI - Day 14. ****1/4
Jay White vs Hiroshi Tanahashi - NJPW Best of the Super Juniors XXVI - Day 15. ****1/4
Jon Moxley vs Juice Robinson - NJPW Best of the Super Juniors XXVI - Day 15. ****1/2
Will Ospreay vs Shingo Takagi - NJPW Best of the Super Juniors XXVI - Day 15. *****3/4

Sunday gives us Dominion and the main matches will be well worth your time.

Taichi (C) vs Tomohiro Ishii for the NEVER Openweight Championship.

The Guerrillas of Destiny (C) vs EVIL & SANADA for the IWGP Tag Team Championship.

Dragon Lee (C) vs Will Ospreay for the IWGP Junior Heavyweight Championship.

Kota Ibushi (C) vs Tetsuya Naito for the IWGP Intercontinental Championship.

Kazuchika Okada (C) vs Chris Jericho for the IWGP Heavyweight Championship.

Edited by JamieStevenson

Ospreay is fantastic in ring, but he's so thin skinned on twitter.

Also KENTA in NJPW should be absolutely great.

On 01/06/2019 at 07:08, Principal Flutie said:

I'm doing the Fierce Females show. A Sunday is helpful to me so I'm game. I don't know the product enough to shell out on the on demand but a good show there will sell me on it.

Gisele Shaw had a weird performance at Fight Club Pro in April. Started botchy and then ended up turning in one of the best performances of the weekend. I'm interested to see if that level of inconsistency is a thing.

Nice one. I've been to the last two and they were a great mix of different kinds of matches and wrestling. Can only imagine this one will be the same. I've not seen her wrestle live before but heard good things about Gisele Shaw (she was at the recent WWE trial in Europe and the UK) so looking forward to checking her out. The last few shows have mainly been Scottish and Irish talent but they've booked more international talent for this one. In August Nanae Takahashi and Natsuki Taiyo from SEAdLINNNG are running a four-day seminar at their academy and their next show is the end of that week (September 1st) so I imagine they'll be wrestling on that card. The last show was meant to have Mercedes Martinez on the card but she got stranded in London so I'm hoping she'll be back at some point as she's on my list of talent I want to see wrestle live. 

TBH you're probably better off waiting a while to get the on-demand service unless there's a show or match you really want to see. They've only got two full shows and most of their last show (the rest of it is being uploaded incrementally) on it so far as they don't have footage for a lot of their previous shows or they're still trying to source it. It's £9.99 so it's the same price as the WWE Network for not even a fraction of the content but once they have a more extensive back catalogue it will definitely be worth having. 

If they upload a show a month, I might even pay that. Women's wrestling in the UK as a big thing is still in it's infancy. I won't support it if it's shit of course, but I've seen enough to kinda know that it's not and I want to support it.

Gisele Shaw looked like a fucking star, and shouldn't have been in a piss break match, but it is what it is. Women shouldn't have been on the weekend at all given that all they would have been was a novelty. It's going back to the days of old on shows like that. Not that I'd complain about the DTTI weekend which was a fucking blast, but the use of a women's match on night one is a complaint I'd use. If Takahashi especially is on the show, I'll mark like f**k.

Oh absolutely. And he's still got a tremendous mind for it, hence why he can turn in utterly phenomenal performances in brawls. The guy knows what he's doing. But I was getting slated on this thread for saying he's just not THAT good anymore. A genuine GOAT contender got what out of him in a normal match as what I'd expect from him.

4 hours ago, JamieStevenson said:

Really great show. I've decided I need Ishii vs Shingo. Whether that be for the title or in G1 I'm not fussed, just give it to me ASAP.

Should imagine we will see Shingo in the NEVER picture soon yeah, seems the natural progression