The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

Guest bernardblack
Jon Moxley on Talk is Jericho is great. 90 minutes of him burying Vince/the writing team. Well worth a listen.

I can’t wait to hear this. Is it as good as its being hyped?

34 minutes ago, bernardblack said:

I can’t wait to hear this. Is it as good as its being hyped?

I really enjoyed it. He’s really honest and upfront and Jericho just lets him talk.

Really good shoot. Some insight into the kooky hokey crap that he was portraying. 

He pretty much fought against it from day one playing the goof. Said he made one mistake of showing he had a bit of natural comic timing with the odd one liner and Vince loved it, jumped on it and turned him into a slapstick comedy act. 

He basically confirmed what fans the world over know in that Vince is miles out of touch, overproduces (40 minutes filming some pre-taped skits or promos that should take 2-3 minutes), micromanages and stifles any creativity that doesn't come from his old, decrepit mind. 

I really wouldn't fancy being Renee Young in work tomorrow, given she's milling about in the background listening to him absolutely slaughter Vince and WWE (Y2J says hello to her as she presumably walks through their kitchen where they are recording) and we know how fucking petty they can be. 

Edited by djchapsticks

Guest bernardblack

Finally got to listen to it and he comes across as a really switched on, passionate guy who loves wrestling and just wants to improve and realised he couldn’t do that working for Vince.

Jericho saying hello to Renee was a bit odd though. Hopefully she doesn’t get punished for all this

Watched these over the past couple of nights, good stuff.

Shingo Takagi vs Jonathan Gresham - NJPW Best of the Super Juniors XXVI - Day 10. ***1/4
Moustache Mountain vs Besties In The World - OTT Live In Belfast: Banjaxed. ****1/2
Kagetsu vs Bea Priestley - Stardom: Golden Week Stars Tag 2. ***1/4
YOH vs Ren Narita - NJPW Best Of The Super Juniors XXVI - Tag 12. ***1/4
Bandido vs Robbie Eagles - NJPW Best Of The Super Juniors XXVI - Tag 12. ***1/2
BUSHI vs Rocky Romero - NJPW Best Of The Super Juniors XXVI - Tag 12. ***
Will Ospreay vs DOUKI - NJPW Best Of The Super Juniors XXVI - Tag 12. ***3/4
Ryusuke Taguchi vs El Phantasmo - NJPW Best Of The Super Juniors XXVI - Tag 12. ***1/2

I'm looking forward to Dragon Lee vs Marty Scurll and also Shingo Takagi vs Taiji Ishimori in the morning, with the winner of the latter advancing to the BOSJ finals. We also have NXT Takeover on Saturday as well which will be great as usual. Any other shows or matches on over the weekend that would be of interest?

Would highly recommend going along to a Fierce Females show at The Shed in Glasgow if you haven't been before. I've been along to the last couple of shows and they're great fun with a real mixed roster of Scottish, Irish and international talent in terms of experience and wrestling style. 

Their next show is Sunday 23rd June and the card so far is - 

Hardcore match for the Fierce Females Internet Championship - Debbie Keitel (c) v Jokey (these two had a really fun hardcore style match two shows ago) 

'I Do' Match (Winner gets a title shot loser gets fired) Sammie Jo v Emily Hayden 

Lana Austin v Gisele Shaw 

Angel Hayze v Kanji 

Plus there will be more matches added too. 

They've also got Natsuki Taiyo, Nanae Takahashi and a few other talents from SEAdLINNNG coming over to conduct seminars at the end of August so I'd imagine they'll all be wrestling on their Sunday 1st September show. 

Fierce Females have their most recent shows on, on demand too that I'd recommend checking out. 

I'm doing the Fierce Females show. A Sunday is helpful to me so I'm game. I don't know the product enough to shell out on the on demand but a good show there will sell me on it.

Gisele Shaw had a weird performance at Fight Club Pro in April. Started botchy and then ended up turning in one of the best performances of the weekend. I'm interested to see if that level of inconsistency is a thing.

Haven’t listened much to JR’s podcast with Conrad, but the Owen episode from last week is worth a listen. Difficult at times, you can tell how much it affected him, but it’s interesting yo get his account of the night.

It's been a good weekend of wrestling for me.

Dragon Lee vs Marty Scurll - NJPW Best of the Super Juniors XXVI - Day 13. ****
Shingo Takagai vs Taiji Ishimori - NJPW Best of the Super Juniors XXVI - Day 13. ****1/2
Matt Riddle vs Roderick Strong - NXT Takeover: XXV. ****1/4
Street Profits vs Danny Burch & Oney Lorcan vs The Undisputed Era vs The Forgotten Sons - NXT Takeover: XXV. ****1/2
Velveteen Dream vs Tyler Breeze - NXT Takeover: XXV. ***3/4
Shayna Baszler vs Io Shirai -  NXT Takeover: XXV. ***1/4
Adam Cole vs Johnny Gargano -  NXT Takeover: XXV. *****
Virus vs Metalico (loser must retire) - CMLL Juicio Final 2019. ***1/2

Last set of BOSJ Block B matches tomorrow, finals night of Wednesday and Super ShowDown on Friday will be my viewing throughout the week. Should be some great matches coming out of those shows, maybe not from the Saudi show but you never know.

Listened to Moxley's 2nd Podcast today with PW Torch - they are careful not to tread old ground they spoke about with Jericho and it gives further insight into where he is.

He's definitely an interesting guy and his chat about Lesnar's match with him at Mania is a shame as they could have done so much if any party other than Ambrose just showed a bit of interest rather than calling it in.

Not interested in Moxley talking anymore. Time for action.

Wednesday we have:

Juice Robinson (C) vs Jon Moxley for the IWGP US HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP.

Hiroshi Tanahashi vs Jay White.

Shingo Takagi vs Will Ospreay in the final of BOSJ 26. 

Probably add a load of tag matches featuring the rest of the guys from BOSJ as well but that final will be filthy.

AJPW Junior Heavyweight holder Atushi Aoki has died aged 41 in a motorcycle accident in Chiyoda, Tokyo. Aoki held the AJPW junior heavyweight title 4 times & the All Asia tag team championship 3 teams. Outwith AJPW he won the AAA world tag team championship once & the GHC junior heavyweight tag team championship once in NOAH.