The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

Looks like WWE is leaving Sky Sports, to be picked up by BT as the contract expires this year.  Expect this won't mean a huge amount to those that don't watch RAW and Smackdown though.  Live in hope that somehow they manage to get both of those on the network within a couple of days of broadcast, as then I'd actually be quite interested in watching (parts of) it, but expect there's far more than a Sky TV deal stopping that.

BT would only go with a reduced offer for that sort of thing, so I reckon the deal would be much the same as the Sky one. And BT would be idiots to agree to a deal which would basically be an advert to watch the Network instead.

On 5/15/2019 at 17:59, Dindeleux said:

I heard a Batista interview on the Jericho podcast a couple of years ago that said when Batista, Y2J and the third man in their triple threat all got colour against company policy at the time old VKM blew a gasket and fined them $100,000 each.

Jericho was quick to point out that Batista paid the fine for all 3 as it was his idea to get colour.

Was it not that the ref and Dean Malenko, who was the agent for the match, got fined along with Jericho and Batista? Jericho wrote about it in one of his books.

IIRC Vince refused to accept that Batista was the only one who knew it was happening, and told Malenko he should have known, despite it never having been discussed! He also went mental at them for not talking to him about it after the match, despite Jericho calling him several times.

I've not watched wrestling for about 10 years (was always WWE). Obviously I'm a bit behind in terms of the wrestlers, storylines etc but what's the best way these days to keep up to date? 

Are there any independent podcasts and websites which are suitable for newbies like myself? Any independent youtube channels which have good catch up shows?

Was it not that the ref and Dean Malenko, who was the agent for the match, got fined along with Jericho and Batista? Jericho wrote about it in one of his books.
IIRC Vince refused to accept that Batista was the only one who knew it was happening, and told Malenko he should have known, despite it never having been discussed! He also went mental at them for not talking to him about it after the match, despite Jericho calling him several times.

Possibly.

1 hour ago, Central said:

I've not watched wrestling for about 10 years (was always WWE). Obviously I'm a bit behind in terms of the wrestlers, storylines etc but what's the best way these days to keep up to date? 

Are there any independent podcasts and websites which are suitable for newbies like myself? Any independent youtube channels which have good catch up shows?

Bleacher Report is good for reading catch ups. It usually has some short clips as well.

What Culture do Youtube reviews of each Raw and Smackdown. Be careful about their actual website though, as it's abysmal for adverts and trashy as f**k with tabloidy top 10 lists that read like they're written by a child.

Cultaholic do a similar Youtube review. 

Wrestling With Wregret also does a weekly Youtube video where he talks about Raw and Smackdown.

The WWE Youtube channel always has short video clips of incidents from each Raw and Smackdown.

14 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Bleacher Report is good for reading catch ups. It usually has some short clips as well.

What Culture do Youtube reviews of each Raw and Smackdown. Be careful about their actual website though, as it's abysmal for adverts and trashy as f**k with tabloidy top 10 lists that read like they're written by a child.

Cultaholic do a similar Youtube review. 

Wrestling With Wregret also does a weekly Youtube video where he talks about Raw and Smackdown.

The WWE Youtube channel always has short video clips of incidents from each Raw and Smackdown.

Absolutely ideal - cheers!

Awful, 39 is no age at all. She was one of the last of a dying breed of gorgeous divas, but with her own unique style. Really hope it was natural causes, but either way it'll place wrestlers and their early deaths back in the spotlight :(