The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

28 minutes ago, Principal Flutie said:

I'd say this shows that ITV are going to show more in the future. Might mean WWE give a f**k about NXT UK again too with a weekly show potentially on free to air TV here. 

Also probably means WOS is fucked.

Would be a shame that and I'm pretty sure they've only just got themselves a US tv deal.

1 hour ago, Principal Flutie said:

Also probably means WOS is fucked.

Not necessarily. There was that moment when WOS was going to be run by Global Force Wrestling aka the failed TNA/Impact rebrand.

AEW also has links with other promotions. So WOS could be ITV1 taped family friendly fodder with AEW supporting the infrastructure and AEW tucked away on ITV4 for the adults. Gives the likes of Kip Sabian something to do as AEW probably won't have house shows anytime soon.

29 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Not necessarily. There was that moment when WOS was going to be run by Global Force Wrestling aka the failed TNA/Impact rebrand.

AEW also has links with other promotions. So WOS could be ITV1 taped family friendly fodder with AEW supporting the infrastructure and AEW tucked away on ITV4 for the adults. Gives the likes of Kip Sabian something to do as AEW probably won't have house shows anytime soon.

Fair point.

34 minutes ago, Principal Flutie said:

Fair point.

Someone withhin ITV still has it on their docket, as they're still doing international rights deals on the same 10 episodes they did last year.

AEW supposedly has an August show in London. Maybe there's some joint venture where AEW has their big show, but some of the talent flown in gets used for a second set of tapings of WOS Wrestling.

Guest bernardblack

Is the itv box office be like the old sky box office days where you watch a repeat?

I remember watching mania 22 on repeat!

36 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Looks like Lars Sullivan was a horrendous scumbag back in the day.

Hopefully he's changed.

There's a loooooong thread on reddit about it, which is going as well as you'd expect.  

Some pretty horrendous stuff he's said, but I'd be absolutely amazed if no-one in the locker room or management doesn't know.  So maybe he's shown enough contrition for it to not be an issue for them.  WWE are usually pretty touchy about powderkegs like that, I'd imagine if they thought there was any chance it would explode, they'd want to be well away from it.

Still, he'll get dat heel heat, certainly.

Apparently WWE know about it, and indeed have known about it for a while.

If he apologised and was open about and genuinely has changed then I don't see any real issues, although I haven't seen all of the stuff he said.

Edited by DA Baracus

Apparently he's made a statement about it.  It's a fairly identikit apology, but I like to think people can change.  I expect for a lot of people it won't matter what he says, but maybe he was just a thick c**t back then who wasn't really exposed to much diversity.  If he continues to have those kind of views, I expect he won't last much longer.

Among all the despicable shit, I find it rather poetic that he made extensive remarks laughing and openly mocking people with mental health issues for being weak and then a few years later, flaked the f**k out with anxiety. 

As of the 21st the Network won't be supported on older devices.

I use my Xbox360 and that is one of the devices that will no longer be supported so I'm done with the Network for a while (will be a bit before I can afford an Xbox One).

7 minutes ago, cb_diamond said:

The video is very hard to watch. Unfortunately Juvi comes out of it looking like an absolute dick, the ref not much better.

Watched the video there, genuinely appalling how long they left him. What was that referee thinking!?