The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

5 hours ago, TheGoon said:

Schedule for 2019’s out, between us and Austria, presuming us. 

http://www.prowrestlingsheet.com/wwe-touring-scheduling-2019/

To be fair though, the Austria show is in the Wiener Stadthalle, which is awfully on-brand for Vince.  Capacity of about 16k, so could hold RAW, but would seem an odd choice to put RAW in Europe - have they ever done that?  They like to do it in the UK so they can talk about just how mental we all are with our bullish chants.

They wouldn’t book the Hydro for a house show the night Raw is elsewhere surely? They’d just run Braehead....think we can safely assume Raw will be in Glasgow, with Smackdown the Friday before from London or Manchester

Edited by Christophe

6 hours ago, forameus said:

To be fair though, the Austria show is in the Wiener Stadthalle, which is awfully on-brand for Vince.  Capacity of about 16k, so could hold RAW, but would seem an odd choice to put RAW in Europe - have they ever done that?  They like to do it in the UK so they can talk about just how mental we all are with our bullish chants.

There was a great RAW episode from Germany in 97, after that it was just the Milan show mentioned above.

Fight Club PRO have announced the first round of matches for the Dream Tag Team Invitational. There's another team to be decided via four way, and I can't remember the four teams battling for the spot, but this is the first round.

Lucha Bros ( Rey Fenix and Penta El 0 ) vs. R.E.D. ( PAC and EITA )

Legion of Rot ( Hallowicked and Frightmare ) vs. Schadenfreude ( Chris Brookes and Kyle Fletcher )

oVe ( Jake and Dave Crist ) vs. TBA

Jonny Storm and Jody Fleisch vs. LAX ( Santana and Ortiz )

I'm very much looking forward to the top and bottom matches on this list, especially the top one which should just be fucking mental. Plenty of guys there I've never seen live as well which is always fun.

Watching old Manias and I've just finished 21 and I'm realising something. Everything from X-7 to 21 has been, at the very least, good. X-8 gets a bad rep but I enjoyed a lot of it, so I'm willing to call it a good PPV.

If memory serves me right, this runs to, at the very least, 26. That's a run of 10 Manias that are a pretty good watch before things start to get VERY patchy. There's a pretty good 4 and a half hour one in there too, with XX breezing by despite the particularly long run time, which shows if done right, you could probably get away with a five hour one. I remember watching that live and it just breezed by.

EDIT: As a sidenote, XX is the longest one until 32, and by a decent distance as well.

Edited by Principal Flutie

Guest bernardblack
Michael Cole had a massive strop while the Glasgow crowd sang "Hey Bayley" non-stop during the women's Survivor Series promo segment

I was lucky to be there and that was insane. Didn’t think it was going to end!

By 'Michael Cole' the post presumably means 'Vince McMahon' since it would have been him furiously shouting down the headset to Cole.

Edited by DA Baracus