The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

If anyone wants a interesting (possibly a stretch on the word) 45 mins watch on youtube type in 1992 Phil Donahue show - Vince McMahon.   

Some "highlights" are, I'm half an hour in:

• 3 guys claiming male sexual harassment to which the crowd just laughs at the inference of gay sex.
  • Vince McMahon fighting back as hard as you would expect and claiming one of the guys asked him for money to avoid going on the show.
  • Dave Meltzer looking very 1990s.
  • Billy Graham on the show just saying to Vince directly that Pat Patterson and others were abusing children.

Thats all I've watched so far but I can only imagine in 1992 as a wrestling fan all of this backstage stuff would've been incredible in what was a very kayfabe world still, even in 92.

7 hours ago, forameus said:

Wasn't he largely uninvolved in all of that?  It seems to have definitely happened, but he got roped in because he's pure gay and that, so he'll obviously have been involved.  

That's what I've heard as well. Even if he was involved, it's not like asking him anything would actually get anywhere, is it?

Wasn't he largely uninvolved in all of that?  It seems to have definitely happened, but he got roped in because he's pure gay and that, so he'll obviously have been involved.  

That's what I've heard as well. Even if he was involved, it's not like asking him anything would actually get anywhere, is it?

He was certainly one of those named and resigned at the time.

Wee bit more detail. Outside of the Okada/Scurll snoozefest, I enjoyed it. Even Cody/Aldis managed to be a quite nifty wee match. Pentagon/Omega and Janela/Page are probably matches to look out for the most. And maybe Amell/Daniels to see a pretty good performance from a non-wrestler.

17 minutes ago, Mayor Wilkins III said:

Did ye give it a go?

Yeah it was good. I just had to take it on its wrestling alone though as the storylines meant nothing to me as I don't really follow any of these guys. Good to see Pentagon in big time matches these days. Also happy for Cody, always been a big fan of his. Nick Aldis is still utter shite though but must be applauded for putting this title back in the spotlight. 

Can only assume the main event was a sprint because Okada/Scurll took the piss for the first half of their match. Mind you, the NWA match probably didn't need to be so long either.

On the whole I enjoyed it, I imagine they pandered really well to their fanbase and they even kept me sweet with the Y2J cameo. I'll watch if they do another.