The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

1 hour ago, bernardblack said:

I think he’s trying to get his acting career off the ground. Listened to a few podcasts where he’s been the guest and it sounds like he was just completely burned out with wrestling

He did have quite a few lengthy injury breaks in his relatively short time in WWE. Always felt as if every comeback was his next big chance before it fizzled out. 

Speaking of acting - saw an advert on TV last night of some action movie filmed at Upton Park featuring Batista & Pierce Brosnan.

2 hours ago, LAGer said:

He did have quite a few lengthy injury breaks in his relatively short time in WWE. Always felt as if every comeback was his next big chance before it fizzled out. 

Speaking of acting - saw an advert on TV last night of some action movie filmed at Upton Park featuring Batista & Pierce Brosnan.

Green Street IV?

IMG_1862.jpg

Well lads?

I liked No way out. Pretty sure that was the PPV before Wrestlemania when I was a kid.

I liked Vengeance as well. Always remember the big V at the top of the stage.

Armageddon Is a cool name. So much better than balls of steel of whatever they called that PPV last year.

Just make all PPVs have the generic names, rather than stip-specific ones.  You then either end up with shows like Hell in a Cell wher eyou're shoehorning feuds into it, or Extreme Rules just past where you may as well not have bothered.  With generic ones like Armageddon, Unforgiven, No Way Out etc, you actually have some freedom in storytelling.  It's much more palatable to me to think that you might end up getting a random hell in a cell match at some B show - or even SS or WM - when the feud merits it, rather than knowing that when October comes around you'll get 3.

Block B in this years G1 has been unreal guyses. Naito, Ibushi, Ishii, Omega, Goto all taking it in turns to have ****+ matches and Yano is actually WRESTLING (a bit, before cheating). Goto vs Ishii from day 6 the absolute highlight so far. 

Block A feels a bit unbalanced but Jay White has had wins over Tanahashi and Okada. Hangman Page doing just fine too. 

Meh. It wasn't that bad.

It's very cheesy as it's clearly aimed at a very young audience. You could tell the wrestlers were told to ham it up to f**k. The matches were all very rushed as well and built around obvious spots to play up to either kids or those who haven't watched wrestling.

Is it just me or was the ring huge?

Also given it's taped I'm not sure why they didn't edit the nasty looking landing Sysum took when Maxstead was supposed to catch him. It reminded me a bit of Taker at Mania when Sim Snuka was supposed to catch him but didn't (but not as bad obviously).