The Wrestling Thread

Mo Wonderboy

48 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Hopefully it's just to stop any promotion, no matter the size, ripping off the angle with their own shitty version. It's been done to death.

As for an actual match, it would be hideous given the age of the guys and their ring condition. A sad thought to picture them bumbling around the ring

Probably also heading for the HOF.

I've a genuine question for the people of P&B. I was a massive, massive fan of WWE back in the day but I don't think I've ever been a genuine wrestling fan. I tune in to the big events such as the Rumble and Mania, but don't watch week to week. Each year I find my interest dissipating. I loved the likes of Taker, Kane, Goldberg, Triple H - And those are the last of 'my' era. Once those are fully gone, I'll have no reason to tune in.

Don't get me wrong - I do like and appreciate some of the modern wrestlers and I can accept the fact that some of these guys are just inherently 'better' for lack of a better term. I dig Samoa Joe (Although he's been on the go for what seems like a lifetime), Seth Rollins and Elias to name but a few, but there's no-one that gets me wanting to go out of my way to watch their matches, no-one has the ability of connecting with me the way they connected with me as a kid. I just can't make the jump into the newer generation, for whatever reason. I want to, as I love the drama of wrestling rather than the actual wrestling, but as every year goes by, I feel myself getting less and less interested. I've tried watching the weekly stuff but it's such an absolute slog that I gave up fairly quickly. I do have access to the Network but find myself watching Attitude Era stuff or WCW. So the question is, how I do manage to stay interested?

NJPW are the daddies at the minute. The big shows are the essentials, and G1 Climax is always filled with great matches.

I'd recommend 205 Live as a nice wee hour long formulaic wrestling show. Easy to digest. Couple of good quality matches with a limited amount of bullshit.

There's a lot of stuff on places like YouTube and Dailymotion. Sometimes I just search for wrestler names on those and see what I fancy. There's a wealth of variety on the net right now wrestling wise. Can't remember a better time to be a wrestling fan than this.

12 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

So the question is, how I do manage to stay interested?

The best way to do so would be to:

FINISH THE 50 MOST HATED FOOTBALLERS LIST YA LAZY BASS! 

It was Okada vs. Omega IV. Their hour long draw was absolutely wonderful. I'd take their G1 Climax match over it, which is their shortest, but I've not seen the latest one yet. Apparently the best of the lot, and I could believe that. Two of the very best on the planet.

8 minutes ago, Mayor Wilkins III said:

It was Okada vs. Omega IV. Their hour long draw was absolutely wonderful. I'd take their G1 Climax match over it, which is their shortest, but I've not seen the latest one yet. Apparently the best of the lot, and I could believe that. Two of the very best on the planet.

How many stars did Melzer give it?

I'm not really one for hour matches, and it's the same finisher reversal spam for a massive part of it I'd say double digit finisher attempts easily. Still, those two are pretty immense and it was a cracking match.