Pregnancy And Parenting

I only bathed Ruairidh every week to ten days for the first 8 weeks or so. Top and tailed every morning and night. Because he was so small he wasn't maintaining his core temp and we were advised not to bath him. As the midwives pointed out he wasn't getting mucky! Now he has to go in every night as he bum shuffles round the floor all day and not matter how much I clean it he's still filthy at the end of the day. Added to his like of feeding himself it adds up to alot of mess :D

Also when the wee one had a bath when he was tiny we used olive oil in the water and then when he came out massaged his with olive oil. He's never had a bit of dry skin.

2 weeks tomorrow he is one :o

Time do you bath him at roughly? Tonite we will at roughly 12:30 as he has just been fed not that long ago

Whit?? :o

Bathe the baby at around 6.30 - 7pm, dry him, jammies on, feed him, put him down for the night. If you get into that sort of routine, he'll be sleeping through the night in no time (especially if he's already on formula). It worked for us anyway, except Kirsty would be up around 2ish every night while she was breastfeeding.

It's different for everyone, but putting him in the bath after midnight is madness.

Whit?? :o

Bathe the baby at around 6.30 - 7pm, dry him, jammies on, feed him, put him down for the night. If you get into that sort of routine, he'll be sleeping through the night in no time (especially if he's already on formula). It worked for us anyway, except Kirsty would be up around 2ish every night while she was breastfeeding.

It's different for everyone, but putting him in the bath after midnight is madness.

Thomas has his bath at 7:30pm every night and has done since he was about a fortnight old. He absolutely LOVES it. He loves splashing about in the water. If you let him go too long he tires himself out and sometimes falls asleep before he's had his supper. It's a balancing act. He gets his bath, goes downstairs and has his supper and then kicks about until he wants to sleep. It used to be sometime between 9pm and 10pm that he fell asleep but it's usually 9pm or even earlier now, He sleeps through to 6:30am or later and will then happily lie awake watching the trees in the wind from his cot for w hile before wanting up sometime after 7am.

Not bad at all. Can easily cope with that. :D

His mother has him on her own for the first time tonight though as I'm in Inverness overnight. I hope he has a good night and she gets a proper night's rest..........................

Thomas has his bath at 7:30pm every night and has done since he was about a fortnight old. He absolutely LOVES it. He loves splashing about in the water. If you let him go too long he tires himself out and sometimes falls asleep before he's had his supper. It's a balancing act. He gets his bath, goes downstairs and has his supper and then kicks about until he wants to sleep. It used to be sometime between 9pm and 10pm that he fell asleep but it's usually 9pm or even earlier now, He sleeps through to 6:30am or later and will then happily lie awake watching the trees in the wind from his cot for w hile before wanting up sometime after 7am.

Kirsty would never last until 10pm! She's always shattered by around half 6. In bed by half seven at the latest, and since she's moved on to formula, that's usually it until around 6 or 7 the next day. Not recently though, as she's had the cold, so is waking herself up with sneezing or coughing, although tonight she's been able to drop off back to sleep ok...so far.

I'm dreading tomorrow morning. As she was stung in the face by a wasp today, I really hope her wee face isnae totally swollen. :(

His mother has him on her own for the first time tonight though as I'm in Inverness overnight. I hope he has a good night and she gets a proper night's rest..........................

He was fine last night apparently. Slept from 8pm to 6:30am undisturbed. :)

I'm dreading tomorrow morning. As she was stung in the face by a wasp today, I really hope her wee face isnae totally swollen. :(

:( Nightmare.

Cal usually cluster feeds all evening. I was told not to bath him on a full tum, so he has a nap then wakes about 9. He gets his bath around then, then fed, then down for ten. I've tried him earlier but he won't sleep if he's earlier at the mo. Plus Ryan doesn't get home until half 7 some nights, so he wouldn't see him. Do whatever works for you G. I suspect we'll get earlier gradually as Cal gets older.

Cal usually cluster feeds all evening. I was told not to bath him on a full tum, so he has a nap then wakes about 9. He gets his bath around then, then fed, then down for ten. I've tried him earlier but he won't sleep if he's earlier at the mo. Plus Ryan doesn't get home until half 7 some nights, so he wouldn't see him. Do whatever works for you G. I suspect we'll get earlier gradually as Cal gets older.

You really just end up going with what suits you and baby don't you?

Ruairidh gets bathed about 7.15pm that alone can take half an hour sometimes more, as he loves it! Then he gets dressed and then on the boob and is usually down for between half 8 and 9. He then wakes around 4am for milk and thats him until 7am. No matter what I've done since Easter he's awake at 4am for milk!

His gums are really sore just now, we have a big lump on the lower left side where an eye tooth would come through.....maybe we'll have a tooth before his birthday!

I remember the early cluster feeding days. I honestly used to think there was something wrong with my supply, but another mum's forum I use directed me to a site called Kellymom which talked about cluster feeding. I could have cried with relief when I found out it was normal! I used it as a good time to munch on some supper since I was stuck on the couch for at least a couple of hours!

HL's initial bedtime used to be around 9.30/10pm and she gradually brought it forward over the space of a few months. She's now down for the night for the back of 7. I definitely agree that you do just need to do what suits you and your family. Go with the flow G.

I remember the early cluster feeding days. I honestly used to think there was something wrong with my supply, but another mum's forum I use directed me to a site called Kellymom which talked about cluster feeding. I could have cried with relief when I found out it was normal! I used it as a good time to munch on some supper since I was stuck on the couch for at least a couple of hours!

HL's initial bedtime used to be around 9.30/10pm and she gradually brought it forward over the space of a few months. She's now down for the night for the back of 7. I definitely agree that you do just need to do what suits you and your family. Go with the flow G.

The days when you had baby stuck to boob nearly all day! Couldn't even go to the loo and they would be screaming! Then when the midwife came in and after hours and hours of feeding he'd gained half an ounce. Gutting!

My wife gave birth to our first wee one on Wednesday 9/9/09. Jessica was born at 14.44 and both mum and baby are going fantastic.

Completed Junior Bairns application already in the post.

PROUD AS HELL RIGHT NOW.

Ross

My wife gave birth to our first wee one on Wednesday 9/9/09. Jessica was born at 14.44 and both mum and baby are going fantastic.

PROUD AS HELL RIGHT NOW.

Ross

Many congratulations!

She's fine today, you wouldn't even know she'd been stung. :D

That's good :D

PROUD AS HELL RIGHT NOW.

Ross

Congratulations :D