Pregnancy And Parenting

Breastfeeding has stopped and the wife is now using bottles.Just hurt the wife to much when breastfeeding. So yeah 3 days worth we feel was fine. I had to go to tesco last night "at 2am" to get a sterliser which cost £60 :o.

Baby is doing well now still. We feed on demand.

Picture will try and get up tomoro

Glad all is going well. Breastfeeding is so so so so so difficult. People seem to think it just comes naturally, but my fucking goodness it hurts like hell in the first few weeks. I used to cry every time he needed feeding and dreaded the next feed, it was so sore. It's taken 6 weeks for me to start enjoying breastfeeding. Hope Cheryl's ok. :)

Can't believe Cal is 6 weeks old today. Unreal. It's a bit sad really, he's losing his newborn look. :(

Guest The Phoenix
Yup i go back to work on the 20th, A sunday :(

But im back for a week then i go off again.My thinking on it is work for a week and then come off again so i let my wife get in her own routine and i then can be part of it :D

Fatherhood is the greatest experience on earth.

Cherish every moment of it.

Your thinking is spot on.

Grandfather Phoenix

Me, Son, The Wife

Only picture have got on the computer

Well done G, he's lovely :) Get used to the lack of sleep... ;) He'll want fed every 2 hours at least. When we were at an antenatal class, they showed us the size of their stomach - newborn was about the size of a marble - no wonder they eat so often!

Guest The Phoenix
Yeah we were thinking every second night, if im right in thinking every night is not so good for the skin. Makes the skin go alot dryer.

Im taking 2 hours sleep and seem not to bad. Irn bru is helping alot.

A bath every night will do him no harm whatsoever, indeed I'd say quite the opposite.

However, I suggest you cut out his intake of Irn Bru altogether.

Remember you don't need to put any soaps or anything in the bath at this stage - particularly if you're bathing him every night. Cal only gets bathed in warm water every night and his skin is fine. Bathing before bed also helps settle them. :)

Coley moans now if we tease him that he's just going in his bed without a bath now and Isla chants "Bat, bat, bat" excitedely whenever she hears us mentioning the bath.

They both sleep from 8pm until 8am without waking and we credit their bathtime routine for that.