Pregnancy And Parenting

If it's just a dribble it sounds like it's just the forewaters that have gone anyway. That means that there is still fluid around the baby so nothing to worry about.

Good luck :D

That explains the night I spent on the loo dribbling then! :lol: That was the Friday, my waters proper went on the Wednesday. I was whipped straight in though due to the strep b thing they won't leave you and induce you as soon as they have a midwife. I went in at 10.30am and was finally set going on the drip at 3am in the morning! :lol:

Quite right, too - 37 weeks is considered to be full term...

With the prams - some of them are ridiculous. We went for a travel system and it was about £300 which is cheap for that, but it's brilliant. Kiddicare is a fab website. :)

I refuse to pay for Mamas and Papas and the like. I got a First Wheels for £250 and that was with the carrycot. I bought a seperate car seat but I could have gotten the adapters for it but never bothered.

Ours is a Chicco and it's brilliant - people are always commenting on how nice it is and can't believe how cheap it was. I looked at the iCandy Apple and loved it until we priced it up - we'd have been over £700 for the whole travel system. Mum and dad bought it for us (apparently it's tradition, and I wasn't about to turn them down) but I didn't want them spending ridiculous amounts of money for something, which at the end of the day, is used for about a year (although ours came with the buggy bit so can be used until he's 3). I'm really chuffed with it.

Edit: This one was the one we went for.

Edited by Reina

Ours is a Chicco and it's brilliant - people are always commenting on how nice it is and can't believe how cheap it was. I looked at the iCandy Apple and loved it until we priced it up - we'd have been over £700 for the whole travel system. Mum and dad bought it for us (apparently it's tradition, and I wasn't about to turn them down) but I didn't want them spending ridiculous amounts of money for something, which at the end of the day, is used for about a year (although ours came with the buggy bit so can be used until he's 3). I'm really chuffed with it.

Edit: This one was the one we went for.

Excatly, we also have a buggy bit for ours. I can't believe the price some people fork out. Same with cots. I fact most things relating to babies.......bit like weddings, it can get ridiculously expensive if you let it.

I've got a chicken leg poaching to make stock which in turn will make risotto for the wee one. Have thrown in some veg and I'll mash it down to go through it. I love cooking for him!

This i can vouch for. Me and the wife had a fair few disagreements with what pram we were gonna buy. Eventually we agreed on one
With the prams - some of them are ridiculous. We went for a travel system and it was about £300 which is cheap for that, but it's brilliant. Kiddicare is a fab website. :)
I refuse to pay for Mamas and Papas and the like. I got a First Wheels for £250 and that was with the carrycot. I bought a seperate car seat but I could have gotten the adapters for it but never bothered.

The wife decided which pram system she wanted, I just paid for it. I had no interest in debating the issue! It was a Mamas & Papas Primo Viaggio Eight in One thing and if it had cost as much as both of your added together I'd still have been better off!

Excatly, we also have a buggy bit for ours. I can't believe the price some people fork out. Same with cots. I fact most things relating to babies.......bit like weddings, it can get ridiculously expensive if you let it.

Indeed. I remain convinced I probably single handedly prevented the credit crunch affecting 'Kidnap' in Dumfries. On one morning's shopping when I finally agreed to go buy things I spent well into four figures in there. :ph34r: Pram system, cot, wallpaper, changing station with drawer unit.

The wife decided which pram system she wanted, I just paid for it. I had no interest in debating the issue! It was a Mamas & Papas Primo Viaggio Eight in One thing and if it had cost as much as both of your added together I'd still have been better off!

Indeed. I remain convinced I probably single handedly prevented the credit crunch affecting 'Kidnap' in Dumfries. On one morning's shopping when I finally agreed to go buy things I spent well into four figures in there. :ph34r: Pram system, cot, wallpaper, changing station with drawer unit.

Jesus christ. We used a friends moses basket (which Debs now is the use of!) We bought a 2nd hand cot which is in pristine condition but got a new matress, didn't bother with the changing unit as you can only use it while they are tiny-if I'd had a C-section I would prob have gone and got one. I changed him on the floor or on the bed on a matt. Set Ikea drawers and some paint and flooring from B&Q. All in including the pram (my parents bought) Was still less than your pram alone :lol:

I was at uni and had some temp work over the summer so was watching the £££. The only thing I'd replace next time is the cot as I managed to snap the sliding mechanism so it's jammed up which is a bit of a pain but I'm not buying a new one for 6 months or so of use.

I also had to buy another chest of drawers not long after he was born to keep all the extraordinary amounts of clothes he got given in! That was another £200 or so I think. And let's not forget that the wife had to change her bloody car as a result of the car seat not going in it. Although she paid for that herself.

We also borrowed a Moses basket though that he slept in for the first four months or so. It went back where it came from last week actually. We were given a set of baby monitors (which we don't use anyway) and someone has given us gates for the stairs for when he starts crawling / walking though they are in the shed just now. So at least we didn't have to buy everything! My work bought us a high chair too that he'll start using shortly.

I don't regret much of it to be honest. I could afford it and in any event her mother decided to pay for the changing station thing and mine repaid me for the cot as they wanted to buy it. So really I just paid for the pram system (including car seat and buggy) and the extra chest of drawers ultimately. One advantage amongst many disadvantages in having Thomas as late as we have is that we're in a reasonably solid financial position. I'm not saying we're rich, because we're not, but neither are we in the position of having to save for things or watch the pounds particularly.

In hindsight I think we might have done the pram thing differently. He's pretty much too big for it now at under seven months and whilst there's a buggy attachment, we don't like it much and prefer the proper buggy her mother bought for him to use when he's visiting there. We'll probably get one of those instead. We could have just bought a different car seat or indeed the same one as a separate. The changing station he's pretty much too big for now too but it's a decent piece of furniture anyway so no problems with that and the cot is an absolute thing of beauty which was money well spent to be honest. It's a cot bed, it'll do him for years.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

I also had to buy another chest of drawers not long after he was born to keep all the extraordinary amounts of clothes he got given in! That was another £200 or so I think. And let's not forget that the wife had to change her bloody car as a result of the car seat not going in it. Although she paid for that herself.

We also borrowed a Moses basket though that he slept in for the first four months or so. It went back where it came from last week actually. We were given a set of baby monitors (which we don't use anyway) and someone has given us gates for the stairs for when he starts crawling / walking though they are in the shed just now. So at least we didn't have to buy everything! My work bought us a high chair too that he'll start using shortly.

I don't regret much of it to be honest. I could afford it and in any event her mother decided to pay for the changing station thing and mine repaid me for the cot as they wanted to buy it. So really I just paid for the pram system (including car seat and buggy) and the extra chest of drawers ultimately. One advantage amongst many disadvantages in having Thomas as late as we have is that we're in a reasonably solid financial position. I'm not saying we're rich, because we're not, but neither are we in the position of having to save for things or watch the pounds particularly.

In hindsight I think we might have done the pram thing differently. He's pretty much too big for it now at under seven months and whilst there's a buggy attachment, we don't like it much and prefer the proper buggy her mother bought for him to use when he's visiting there. We'll probably get one of those instead. We could have just bought a different car seat or indeed the same one as a separate. The changing station he's pretty much too big for now too but it's a decent piece of furniture anyway so no problems with that and the cot is an absolute thing of beauty which was money well spent to be honest. It's a cot bed, it'll do him for years.

If you can afford to, and want to, then I don't see any reason why you shouldn't spend lots of money on him. If you plan to have any more, it'll (hopefully ;)) all be reused anyway.

If you can afford to, and want to, then I don't see any reason why you shouldn't spend lots of money on him. If you plan to have any more, it'll (hopefully ;)) all be reused anyway.

Totally agree. Most of our disposable income prob goes on the wee one in one way or another and frankly I can't think of a nicer way to spend it :D

Still here, last night at 3pm we got a phone call to comeup to the hospital, to get checked up and then we got sent home, So this morning we phoned at 8am and they say there is no space so phone at 12. So 12 comes along and we phone at 12 and they say we will phone you. Parents are here and are upset, i feel angry yet helpless.

Anyway hopefully next time i post i will be a dad, got a feeling will be a Monday, we are scared of infection right now. :(

Everything will be fine, stop worrying.

G_baby will be here soon, followed by the end of your life as you know it. :lol:

Totally agree. Most of our disposable income prob goes on the wee one in one way or another and frankly I can't think of a nicer way to spend it :D

Most of our disposeable income gets spent on beer and wine, the rest we just waste.

Sometimes I wonder if a tattie sack is suitable clothing for an eight year old, but then he speaks and I just tune out again.

Absolutely correct. :)

Come on G_baby!

My friend with all of the kids (:lol:) really opened my eyes to recycling in that respect. She even kept clothes from her first two children, which she is now using on the fourth. When I visited her shortly after the birth, the two sofa's in the formal sitting room were covered in gifts. She had a pile she was keeping, and a pile she was taking back to the shop. Everyone had bought the same age!

Incidentally, two of my colleagues at work are pregnant and will be due around the same time. There are only seven of us that work in the department, and now I am the only one without children. All I hear all day is baby/kid talk. Hence why I've found this thread. I feel more at home here than anywhere else. :(

Edited by SaintSam

ffs, overkill eh?

Do you still use it? We got one for Alexandra and it was pretty much 'change her on your knees/sofa/floor' by the time she was home a week. Never bothered for Madison, as it was 'change her on your knee/sofa/floor' by the time she was two hours old doing the green/black slimy nappy thang.

Guest The Phoenix
Is anyone else excited about what has to be the most highly anticipated P&B baby birth of all time?

Come on G_Baby, get oot!

Is it

25177442.JPG

or

fordac57739.jpg

All the best G_Man. ;)