Pregnancy And Parenting

3 hours ago, Jimmy Shaker said:

Ours has been round once a month and is due back at least twice, she says, until he starts weaning and the like. 

Should we still be getting someone? My wife has said a few times she doesn't know why they've stopped. 

49 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Should we still be getting someone? My wife has said a few times she doesn't know why they've stopped. 

We've had three visits. Twice in the early months and another at six months where she was in, weighed him, asked if everything was alright and left within ten minutes. Said she would be back when he's around one. No idea what the norm is but she said they are really short staffed so guess that's affecting things. 

3 hours ago, Grant228 said:

Yeah they're supposed to visit until they are about 4 I believe. Most of the visits in the first year. As said though, they are more or less useless. In fact I think ours said "if you have any concerns just message me" My missus was then a bit worried about weird breathing noises the wean was making, so she messaged to ask and she basically said "don't message me contact the main office" That and any time she comes round, she puts any rubbish in a hazardous waste bag and then just leaves it at my front door? I'm always like, why did you do that, if you're not taking it, i'll just put it in the fucking bin outside. She's a bit of a dick tbh. 

In short, I wouldn't worry about it. 

ETA: Just realised your location is England, maybe different down there. 

Edited by thistledo

6 minutes ago, thistledo said:

Yeah they're supposed to visit until they are about 4 I believe. Most of the visits in the first year. As said though, they are more or less useless. In fact I think ours said "if you have any concerns just message me" My missus was then a bit worried about weird breathing noises the wean was making, so she messaged to ask and she basically said "don't message me contact the main office" That and any time she comes round, she puts any rubbish in a hazardous waste bag and then just leaves it at my front door? I'm always like, why did you do that, if you're not taking it, i'll just put it in the fucking bin outside. She's a bit of a dick tbh. 

In short, I wouldn't worry about it. 

ETA: Just realised your location is England, maybe different down there. 

I'm just a lazy b*****d with regards to changing the location, you can't see it on the Mobile page so forgot about it. 

At just prior to four months the wee one has started rolling onto his front, this was very exciting as he'd been close for a couple of weeks. 

However, despite him sometimes being capable of rolling back over, he seems to prefer being on his front until he gets very tired, before then proceeding to shout v loudly for us to turn him on his back. 

He will however roll back on his front within seconds, and starting the process again. Like a big turtle. He's class. 

Has anyone had problems with sort of cyber bullying? My son has been getting shit from folk online, accusing him of stuff that he hasn’t done. Threatening him etc, I don’t know where they live, otherwise i would just be straight to the doors and talking to the parents. They seem to be little keyboard warriors, but as far as we know saying nothing at school. Using snapchat to say stuff, then it all disappears because of how the app works. 
He doesn’t want us to go to the one parent that we do know, because he fears the repercussions. 
It’s just fucking shite. Feels like there is no resolution. It seems to be girls as well. Which makes it harder to deal with. The school won’t deal with it because “it’s not a school issue”

3 minutes ago, buchan30 said:

Has anyone had problems with sort of cyber bullying? My son has been getting shit from folk online, accusing him of stuff that he hasn’t done. Threatening him etc, I don’t know where they live, otherwise i would just be straight to the doors and talking to the parents. They seem to be little keyboard warriors, but as far as we know saying nothing at school. Using snapchat to say stuff, then it all disappears because of how the app works. 
He doesn’t want us to go to the one parent that we do know, because he fears the repercussions. 
It’s just fucking shite. Feels like there is no resolution. It seems to be girls as well. Which makes it harder to deal with. The school won’t deal with it because “it’s not a school issue”

I am sorry that your son is going through that. Schools seem to shite their pants from dealing with bullying and always have done. Nothing changes eh?

The people doing this to your son are fucking cowards. Fortunately malicious communications are a criminal offence. This includes cyberbullying.

Contrary to what many people think, nothing posted online "disappears" and no one is ever anonymous online. Material posted on things like Snapchat can be accessed by the police if need be, even after it has apparently "disappeared".

If the school don't want to get involved then that's shocking, but it might be worth speaking to the police about this. 

8 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

I am sorry that your son is going through that. Schools seem to shite their pants from dealing with bullying and always have done. Nothing changes eh?

The people doing this to your son are fucking cowards. Fortunately malicious communications are a criminal offence. This includes cyberbullying.

Contrary to what many people think, nothing posted online "disappears" and no one is ever anonymous online. Material posted on things like Snapchat can be accessed by the police if need be, even after it has apparently "disappeared".

If the school don't want to get involved then that's shocking, but it might be worth speaking to the police about this. 

Cheers man. Yeah, the school seems to be a bit of a lawless wasteland in general. We have offered to move him schools, but he’s said no. Don’t want to get to a stage where the police are involved, that’s why we wanted to speak the parents. Had problems with my older son in the first few years at school and we managed to resolve it by speaking to parents. Poor boy is just really annoyed with it all.
My initial over the top, old school reaction is to want to message them myself, but that won’t do anyone any good. I’m just exasperated and feel even a little guilty breaking up the stream of braw pictures on here to vent, but i needed somewhere to do it. What happened to being 13 and your only goal in life was to try and get yerself a girlfriend/boyfriend. Never understood teenagers when i was one, still don’t 27 years later.
When you have teenagers, then see the last few photos on this thread, you sometimes forget they were that cute and adorable once.