Pregnancy And Parenting

2 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

Noah wanted to know "Where's my fork and knife?"

I must admit on intial hearing it sounded like something else...

The kids play Roblox on the tablets and play a game called Lanky Box.

I was just like yourself when they first said it.

Edited by Andy Dufresne

On 09/12/2022 at 16:20, Rugster said:

When ours spot an aeroplane now (still always a moment of excitement) they have graduated to ordering us to find out where it's going and where it's flown from.

FlightRadar24? Great app, me and her old man have got weirdly hooked on this. I actually know when I hear a plane coming in at certain times without looking at the app now. Really sad I know. 

4 minutes ago, thistledo said:

FlightRadar24? Great app, me and her old man have got weirdly hooked on this. I actually know when I hear a plane coming in at certain times without looking at the app now. Really sad I know. 

Yep! You can get lost for hours on it, geeky as f**k but love it!

On 10/12/2022 at 00:18, Jacksgranda said:

Bringing the two wee ones down the road, when the Bairn exclaimed, "Look, Granda, look!"

The cause of this excitement? An aeroplane!
Oh for the ability to see life through the eyes of a 2 year old when everything is new and fascinating and exciting.

image.jpeg.c9848155a0f71b9ff6ee179f7c6676d4.jpeg

On 12/12/2022 at 16:42, thistledo said:

yes, me and my son tracked my sister coming to visit us and watched it fly over.  My son was jumping up and down in the garden waving........so was I.

31 minutes ago, Andy Dufresne said:

The wee one was spending her pocket money at her dads today and asked if she could buy a Xmas present for a wee boy that would not get anything for Xmas 

Obviously brought up the right way.

On 17/12/2022 at 07:13, SlipperyP said:

yes, me and my son tracked my sister coming to visit us and watched it fly over.  My son was jumping up and down in the garden waving........so was I.

Did they see you? If I'm picking people up at Glasgow airport I sometimes park in the layby next to the runway to see if they can see me during landing. Always enjoy watching take offs and landings, simple pleasure. 

47 minutes ago, thistledo said:

Did they see you? If I'm picking people up at Glasgow airport I sometimes park in the layby next to the runway to see if they can see me during landing. Always enjoy watching take offs and landings, simple pleasure. 

the plane was at about 20,000 ft.

Last day of school today, and this is the day they have decided to send out report cards.

Our daughter's is good, but imagine some kid with a shitebag parent getting a poor report just before Christmas. This could have waited till the new year, surely.

8 hours ago, Adamski said:

Adamski Junior version 3.0 arrived on 20th December! We’re so delighted.

It’s been a long road: eight miscarriages since the beginning of 2020 and we’d pretty much resigned ourselves to it not working out. And dread all the way through pregnancy that something was about to go wrong.

But he’s here! A wee brother for our daughter and son aged 8 and 6, who I’ve never seen so excited. We’ve all been enjoying getting to know him over Christmas.

Also meant watching Argentina become world champions from the maternity ward of the QEUH. A World Cup final that we’ll never forget.

Congratulations!  To say you've been through the ringer would be an understatement.

All the very best with your special new arrival.

11 hours ago, Adamski said:

Adamski Junior version 3.0 arrived on 20th December! We’re so delighted.

It’s been a long road: eight miscarriages since the beginning of 2020 and we’d pretty much resigned ourselves to it not working out. And dread all the way through pregnancy that something was about to go wrong.

But he’s here! A wee brother for our daughter and son aged 8 and 6, who I’ve never seen so excited. We’ve all been enjoying getting to know him over Christmas.

Also meant watching Argentina become world champions from the maternity ward of the QEUH. A World Cup final that we’ll never forget.

Congratulations! You're not on the list for your previous two, (unless you're under another name), so new total

Adamski   3

Running total:  335 babies

Almost 9 months in, he loved his first christmas (although hes discovered he can pull himself up to stand so hes now obsessed about doing that, so just ignores his toys to stand at the couch instead), but this is the look i get now when hes planning mischief. 

Get in crawling position - look at me - cheesy grin - charge towards whatever im not meant to have

20221228_160616.thumb.jpg.6b4ce816460c383715a39b15f206373d.jpg

the hammer is getting worryingly more controlled the more he uses it, to the point im certain hes going to whack me with it in the next few days

Edited by RandomGuy.