Pregnancy And Parenting

We didn’t bother finding out with the first one and I don’t think we will with the second. As long as it’s got the requisite number of limbs and heads, then the rest of it don’t matter so much. 

ETA - ideally four and one, for avoidance of doubt. 

Edited by carpetmonster

We were in a bit of a hurry to get back down the road to lift granddaughter nr 8 from school. As we approached a set of traffic lights, a woman pressed the pedestrian button and the lights turned red. "F**k you", says I. Granddaughter nr 9 pipes up from the back seat "Granda, people have to cross the road".

Edited by Jacksgranda
Grandma

10 hours ago, carpetmonster said:

Big life milestone today as she did her first shite containing a fully intact sweetcorn kernel. Stood and marveled at it for a good 3 minutes (her, not me) before the wife told her to stop being rank and flush it. 

Nothing wrong with marveling / inspecting a good jobby tbh. 

Had a day off yesterday so took my kids and my dad fishing.

Didn't catch any, but had a great time nonetheless. Plenty of fish jumping out of the water.

I managed to catch sticks and weeds. My son caught a tree. Turns out bank fishing isn't as easy as boat fishing.

1 hour ago, scottsdad said:

Had a day off yesterday so took my kids and my dad fishing.

Didn't catch any, but had a great time nonetheless. Plenty of fish jumping out of the water.

I managed to catch sticks and weeds. My son caught a tree. Turns out bank fishing isn't as easy as boat fishing.

53A7DC25-F7CE-428F-A3E8-553E2013EDC4.gif

2 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

As a mate of mine once remarked "It's hard to beat a good shite".

Wise words. 

In other news...

JCJjaa9.jpg

In case no one got the meme, missus is currently carrying number 2. Can't believe we're doing this again man. Still, the second one is easier right. Right? 

Edited by thistledo

10 minutes ago, thistledo said:

In case no one got the meme, missus is currently carrying number 2. Can't believe we're doing this again man. Still, the second one is easier right. Right? 

Congratulations.

In my experience. Yes.

I found with our second one we were so much more relaxed it reflected on number 2. 

35 minutes ago, thistledo said:

Aye, after two they start bringing up themselves...

12 year old grandson came off his bike yesterday, banged his head and fractured his wrist. He got a chewing from his mother for not wearing his helmet, which didn't help matters.

Trip to ED, head checked out, splint on wrist, good news is no rugby for a month.

My 7 year old son found a pretty much brand new mobile phone while we walked the dog in the park yesterday. I suggested handing it to Police, he suggested keeping it for an hour to see if the owner or their family phoned it and we could give it back to them.

Not even an hour later the owner calls the phone and we arrange to return it. The owner gives him £20 as a thank you which he used towards a laptop he wanted to buy using money he got for his birthday. 

I now feel really old as I'm struggling to set it up 😪

Edited by FK1Bairn

• 2 weeks later...

The bairn was down at the weekend with her two older sisters. She was in great form, chittering away and playing with her older sister and cousin. She's still not a great colour - maybe never will be - but it's just great to see her in such good form.

She told her granny "You're not my mother", must have picked that up at Play School!

I had planned to take Scott to a university open day at the end of the month. We had the whole thing set up.

Yesterday he came home from school to say that someone at his school was gong to the Napier one instead and had asked him to go. He has already been to the Napier open day and it was terrible, but on the other hand I thought about him taking the bus into Edinburgh, being independent, hanging around with pals and all that. So I agreed.

Turns out it isn't a group of boys from his school and him going. It's a girl in his class and he got very coy talking about her.

Fair enough. Being binned off so he can spend a day with a girl is one of life's milestones. Even if it is a day out to Napier.

9 hours ago, scottsdad said:

I had planned to take Scott to a university open day at the end of the month. We had the whole thing set up.

Yesterday he came home from school to say that someone at his school was gong to the Napier one instead and had asked him to go. He has already been to the Napier open day and it was terrible, but on the other hand I thought about him taking the bus into Edinburgh, being independent, hanging around with pals and all that. So I agreed.

Turns out it isn't a group of boys from his school and him going. It's a girl in his class and he got very coy talking about her.

Fair enough. Being binned off so he can spend a day with a girl is one of life's milestones. Even if it is a day out to Napier.

@Shandon Par will tell you what it's like.

I'm a daddy. Got my princess, Aila. 8lb exactly. Went in at 21:00 and she arrived at 04:50. My wife was naturally exhausted (as she had been having pains since 04:30 the previous night and hadn't slept) and she had to get a hand with the suction thingy. My missus would push and head would come out but after the contraction it'd go back in! When they got the wee one out it turns out she had her arm around her neck so my wife was always fighting a losing battle!

My little chunky monkey, though at this stage she looks like most bairns [emoji38]

57f738494c0f5_ImageUploadedByPieBovril1475819591.918704.thumb.jpg.06e7667d0a6282bf5a3d3f3444e0ec87.jpg
6 years ago man. Time really does fly by.

Obviously buzzing today. Has had a good day. Her wee arsehole sister has been in great form all day too. No hint of jealousy from either of them when it's the other's birthday thankfully.

19fcfe2f3f08ad7531d70b4f208a425f.jpg