Pregnancy And Parenting

11 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Have kids they said, it'll be great they said emoji38.png

Nice tantrum in the middle of the town today. Unfortunately for her, I don't give a f**k what people think of me so let her get on with it.

eb58ae8462461dd7f583f4b33feb2630.jpgf93935f4053dad040f3567ee55e06ebf.jpg

It is the only way. Ignore what anyone else says or thinks - if you rush over to the kid and start pandering and promising stuff to get them to stop, they'll learn that tantrums work. 

Bairn started high school on Tuesday and said she’s already learned 2 new swear words. She won’t tell me what they are and I feel I have failed parenting in not telling her all the swear words she might hear.

(It’s probably wankpuffin or some such)

It is the only way. Ignore what anyone else says or thinks - if you rush over to the kid and start pandering and promising stuff to get them to stop, they'll learn that tantrums work. 
My view entirely.

I have been in a state of rage since Saturday morning and it isn't subsiding. 

My eldest step-daughter (aged 26) messaged the wife on Saturday morning. A nice light and breezy message, essentially saying that when she was a "bratty teenager" she took something from my wife. Now, a decade on, she was emptying a box in her loft and found it. So isn't it great that she is all mature now and owning up to it? The whole message was about how much she had grown up and how this is great. 

This mystery item? My wife's engagement ring. The one engraved with our names, that she was in bits about when she thought she had lost in ten years ago. 

I went round to collect it. She met me at the door and asked if we were going to her "gender reveal" party next weekend. She really hoped we would go as we could meet her boyfriend's parents. I just said "we'll see" and walked away. No chance I could have stayed and spoken to her. Even now I don't trust myself to speak to her without exploding. 

My eldest step-daughter (aged 26) messaged the wife on Saturday morning. A nice light and breezy message, essentially saying that when she was a "bratty teenager" she took something from my wife. Now, a decade on, she was emptying a box in her loft and found it. So isn't it great that she is all mature now and owning up to it? The whole message was about how much she had grown up and how this is great. 
This mystery item? My wife's engagement ring. The one engraved with our names, that she was in bits about when she thought she had lost in ten years ago. 
I went round to collect it. She met me at the door and asked if we were going to her "gender reveal" party next weekend. She really hoped we would go as we could meet her boyfriend's parents. I just said "we'll see" and walked away. No chance I could have stayed and spoken to her. Even now I don't trust myself to speak to her without exploding. 
Did you rinse the insurance company for a new ring at the time?

2 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

Gender reveal parties, yet another horrific American import to this country for attention seekers.

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:
2 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

Did you rinse the insurance company for a new ring at the time?

I bought it when I was a fairly penniless PhD student, so doubt it is worth much. 

But if they ask it was platinum, with diamonds and rubies dripping off it.

• 2 weeks later...

Grandson nr 5 started secondary school yesterday, thought he was a bit quiet on it but he was in better form today. No homework till next week, then it'll be fireworks.

He couldn't remember where he was supposed to register, "So I just followed people my own height". Thought that was a good idea, myself.

1 hour ago, scottsdad said:

My daughter has texted me. She was cooking in home economics this morning for the very first time.

Whatever concoction she has produced, I will be the guinea pig this evening. Pretty scared to be honest.

Don't  worry, if it's  like my old school someone will launch into the road or on to a roof.