Pregnancy And Parenting

27 minutes ago, Andy Dufresne said:

My wife and i are getting our 1st night out since Sept 2018 on saturday,since we have the kids with us has been hard and by god we have earned this night out.Going to a wedding staying at the hotel overnight.I even treated myself to a new suit.

behave eh, pace yourselves 😉

Apparently the family seem nice and were upset when the parent went to speak to them.
The kid was bullying his classmate by saying he was fat, that he had no friends and that his mum and dad didn’t love him. Where does a four or five year old hear that?
It's youtube for me Jeff

At the weekend we were in Asda with my daughter. Saw a jumper I thought she would like and got her to try it on. It was a Stitch jumper and cost £15. 

I asked her if she wanted the jumper and she said, "no, but I'll take the £15". 

Every day since she has nagged me about this £15 that I "owe" her. She's threatening that the price will go up if I keep delaying paying her. 

12 years old and it feels like I'm living with a loan shark. Next she'll be threatening to break my thumbs. 

Currently one hour past the time my wife said all kids were going to bed as we've had a tiring day, she is currently sitting on her computer. The wee one is wandering around causing mischief and keeping her two sisters from settling down.

I reckon it'll be 11pm before she finally goes upstairs.

Been a horrible few days,wedding didn't go well as my wife ended up in A&E with horrible pains,discharged saying panic attack.Managed to get back for half an hour to the wedding only for the pains to come back so home went.She called the doctor yesterday as the pains returned and he sent her back up to A&E,she was taken in given pain relief only to be sent home and told to come back today for an MRI and ultrasound.

1am this morning worse pain she has ever had,called 999 and they turned up at 2.30am and took her in,admited and did an ultrasound,she has gallstones that has infected her liver and she has a blood clot on one of her lungs.

If we didn't have bad luck we would have none.

Edited by Andy Dufresne

1 hour ago, Gaz said:

Currently one hour past the time my wife said all kids were going to bed as we've had a tiring day, she is currently sitting on her computer. The wee one is wandering around causing mischief and keeping her two sisters from settling down.

I reckon it'll be 11pm before she finally goes upstairs.

The wee man does not sleep till 11pm most nights,we are getting help from sleep scotland with this and they have given us some great advice.They have a long waiting list though.He is just now upstairs in his room talking away to himself but he can come downstairs 10-15 times a night for one reason or another,

9 hours ago, Andy Dufresne said:

Been a horrible few days,wedding didn't go well as my wife ended up in A&E with horrible pains,discharged saying panic attack.Managed to get back for half an hour to the wedding only for the pains to come back so home went.She called the doctor yesterday as the pains returned and he sent her back up to A&E,she was taken in given pain relief only to be sent home and told to come back today for an MRI and ultrasound.

1am this morning worse pain she has ever had,called 999 and they turned up at 2.30am and took her in,admited and did an ultrasound,she has gallstones that has infected her liver and she has a blood clot on one of her lungs.

Jeez, that sounds awful. 

Hope it all turns out well. 

17 hours ago, Andy Dufresne said:

Let's hope she's on the mend, Keith.

The Bairn is here again. She's just out of the shower. The only way to get her out is to tell her it's broken.

Big sister: It's broken

Me: What's broken?

Bairn: The shower.

Me: Who broke it?

Bairn: Me!

:lol:

1 hour ago, Jacksgranda said:

The Bairn is here again. She's just out of the shower. The only way to get her out is to tell her it's broken.

Big sister: It's broken

Me: What's broken?

Bairn: The shower.

Me: Who broke it?

Bairn: Me!

:lol:

The wee man came out with a classic the other night,was asked to tidy his room and he said i am getting to old for this.

Wee yin's vocabulary fair coming along now she's almost two, unfortunately picked up on one of the more commonly used terms in the household and any minor inconvenience for her is now followed by "Fucksakes!" enunciation is good too, credit where it's due. 

Hard not to laugh in Asda when she drops something and an almost exasperated "fucksakes" comes out. Like life as a toddler is very difficult. 

2 hours ago, thistledo said:

Wee yin's vocabulary fair coming along now she's almost two, unfortunately picked up on one of the more commonly used terms in the household and any minor inconvenience for her is now followed by "Fucksakes!" enunciation is good too, credit where it's due. 

Hard not to laugh in Asda when she drops something and an almost exasperated "fucksakes" comes out. Like life as a toddler is very difficult. 

For me, it's when they get it correct in context that cracks me up, my eldest did that in the car when someone coming round the blind corner in the middle of the road and his wee voice piped up with a f**k sakes. 

My youngest was singing along to reel big fish song everyone else is an asshole.. That's another song to be removed from me list

9 hours ago, weirdcal said:

For me, it's when they get it correct in context that cracks me up, my eldest did that in the car when someone coming round the blind corner in the middle of the road and his wee voice piped up with a f**k sakes. 

My youngest was singing along to reel big fish song everyone else is an asshole.. That's another song to be removed from me list

Me pleading with the wife that Wu-Tang is for the children did not stop the removal of 36 Chambers from the car stereo. 

14 hours ago, Andy Dufresne said:

My wife is still in hospital,she is due to get an ERCP on monday where they try and fish out the gallstones out that are causing the problem in the bile duct,

All the best to June.