Pregnancy And Parenting

On 24/06/2021 at 11:09, beesher said:

Anyone got any positive stories after trying for a long time? My Wife and I have been trying for 1.5 years and the endless cycle of disappointment is beginning to get a bit soul destroying.

Also there doesn't seem to be a lot of places online for men to discuss fertility issues hence why I'm resorting to PandB.

Ps: I've already tried rolling the windows down and turning the heating up full blast. 

Sister in law is currently pregnant with their second. First one they had IVF after trying for a few years, getting nowhere, and the doctors doing a few tests and blaming it on his age(he is in his mid 50’s) and her having some condition or other than affected her fertility(Can’t remember what it was, not trying to be glib about it!).

After the first one they had given up any notion of having another(No NHS here and insurance will only cover so much), but 2 years on she fell pregnant naturally. Of course, we are all praying this one looks like the dad as well…

With the youngest at 4 years old I might be running out of these wee things they say that are wrong but cute as f**k....

Today my youngest was trying to explain to me she had pins and needles and her description was "my feet are all fizzy".

Superb.

Hearing the eldest (4) walking around repeating the line from her programme was a bit of a shock earlier: "Put your snacky in your packy". Needless to say we instructed her to drop the y's.

Wee one just hit 11 months, all was well and then all of a sudden the last 2 or 3 days have been more or less constant crying or screaming for seemingly any reason. 

She did have a temp, that we thought was teething, ended up having to get a Covid test (was negative) the doctors said it was fine to manage at home. Temp has since went, but the sadness remains. 

She is trying very hard to walk and I feel like a lot of it might be frustration at not managing it. If it's not that, then f**k knows as nothing seems to solve it. 

Anyone else have something like this around 11 months? 

Edited by thistledo

• 2 weeks later...
With the youngest at 4 years old I might be running out of these wee things they say that are wrong but cute as f**k....

Today my youngest was trying to explain to me she had pins and needles and her description was "my feet are all fizzy".

Superb.
My 4 year old won't cycle on any pavements that aren't completely flat.

"It's too crumbly Dad"

Kids had a great time in Southerness,weather was brilliant and the park is really clean.

0B34FACF-FEF4-4464-9364-A745D93F5A17.thumb.jpeg.e55b849d87ca8fee39438bbe24af7deb.jpeg
Genuine question and in no way supposed to be cheeky - what is it about Southerness that you (and a shitload of Weegies) love? It's absolutely swamped in summer time with folk from Glasgow.

We stay about 20 minutes away and will go the odd time (went a litter pick a few weeks back) but I'd struggle to stay for any length of time.

Is it the fact it's so quiet that's the draw?

55 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Genuine question and in no way supposed to be cheeky - what is it about Southerness that you (and a shitload of Weegies) love? It's absolutely swamped in summer time with folk from Glasgow.

We stay about 20 minutes away and will go the odd time (went a litter pick a few weeks back) but I'd struggle to stay for any length of time.

To be honest we only went as it was one of the only places with something for the kids to do(swimming and entertainment) that was available.

I could not stay there longer than a couple of nights,we have a caravan and are struggling to find places.

I found it clean and the other people staying there seemed ok although we never really talked  to many folk.

My 4 year old won't cycle on any pavements that aren't completely flat.

"It's too crumbly Dad"
My son describes that panicky cry that kids do when they're getting told off as 'bumpy breath'. Very cute, as he always says he hates bumpy breath but can't do anything about it.

3 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

I've been once and it's fairly quiet when I was there and for me that's the big plus. With having the car plenty places to be going to so don't actually need to bide there . We were meant to be heading that area again last week but covid struck in this household. Wouldn't be in a rush back but its fine in general. 

On 20/07/2021 at 19:15, keithgy said:

Well our 2nd caravan trip did not go as well,we went to Pitlochry and when playing catch with the kids June fell and fractured her elbow.

Ooh! Sair ain.